What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Nice score

Dan, how did you hear of this wine? Few people know about spanish wines other than Rioja and fewer still know about Clio, I love that wine.

Konsgaard Chards are some of my favorites too.

Yeah, a little birdie sent that his way. azn.gif I think it's a nice next step from an Aussie shiraz.

And, Greg, that was the first time I'd had the Judge...Jesus Christ that is good stuff. Would I like that Entre Nous?

Yeah, a little birdie sent that his way. azn.gif I think it's a nice next step from an Aussie shiraz.

And, Greg, that was the first time I'd had the Judge...Jesus Christ that is good stuff. Would I like that Entre Nous?

Well I walked their vineyard which they manage in micro blocks and the land is prime, their wine maker Philipe Melka is a pretty awesome guy, their land is in the center of Oakville accross from Cardinale, so with and hour of O2 I think it might please you, at least I hope so.

Manhattan again, but maybe Mike won't totally hate me since I prepared it with zero ritual or drama. Healthy pour of rye, 'some' shitty vermouth, liberal shaking of bitters. It's not so wrong, especially considering I just brewed for 5 hours and still haven't cleaned up.

That is the ritual.

Manhattans make you manly.

^^^ This

I guess my point is that I've paid more than fair respect to the gods of brewing today, I've got permission to have a cocktail. Actually now it's on to my very first pour of this year's batch of eggnog. Recipe was 4 cups of Mt Gay Eclipse and 2 cups of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, 10 weeks aged as of today.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Early birthday dinner tonight with the parents at the Bavarian Lodge in Lisle. Three Floyds Zombie Dust followed by a very small 1-2 oz. sample of Surly Darkness followed by Bell's Batch 10,000. The Surly keg kicked right as they were going to pour me a healthy 8-9 oz., but at least I got to try it. Quite a nice on-tap trifecta tonight. Might dig through my bottles here at the apt and find something else.

Jim, can you also comment on the similarities if they exist? I'm other words, are any near equivalents?

Not sure how I missed this. Sorry Marc. The outliers are the Ramazzoti, much more citrus flavor compared to the rest and the China Martini, the bitterness is more up front and pronounced. The others have a similar flavor profile but the Montenegro and Nonino are much lighter in taste, color and consistency. I think you could sub the Montenegro and Nonino and you could sub the Nardini and the Averna. Not perfect subs but they should work pretty well.

Earlier: Krombacher Hefeweisen with dinner.

Now: Weihenstephaner Hefeweisen

Edited by morphsci