What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Been enjoying several drams of Templeton Prohibition Era Rye. A small batch rye out of Iowa, it's very drinkable neat. My palate isn't that good, and its not as good as the Sazerac or Rittenhouse (obviously) but for $19 it's a nice go-to rye for me. A nice heat and sweetness in the mid-palate that I really like.

Tramonto al Sud (Sunset to the South)

3/4 oz Nonino Amaro

3/4 oz Campari

3/4 oz bourbon (Blanton’s is suggested but I suspect Maker’s will work just as well)

3/4 lemon juice

Shake vigorously and double strain into cocktail glass

Ok, 1oz each. Interesting. Might knock back the Campari next time.

6cd2c836-9805-4585.jpg

Nice drinks Al. The second one looks very interesting. May need to give it a try with the Gran Classico.

The Templeton Rye would be better if they bottled it at higher proof IMO, especially for mixing.

Been wanting to try this for a while since Al posted it:

Darkside

* Ice

* 2 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Plymouth brand

* 1 ounce Barolo Chinato

* 3 dashes Peychaud bitters

* Twist of lime peel

* 1 whole star anise (optional)

Directions:

Fill a mixing glass two-thirds full with ice, then add the gin, Barolo Chinato and bitters. Stir vigorously for 30 seconds, then strain into a cocktail (martini) glass. Twist the lime peel over the drink, then drop it in, along with the star anise, if desired.

dc5bb0b3.jpg

c7d72675.jpg

Brooklyn Chocolate Stout

They've got a case of founder's breakfast stout at my beer store...should I grab it?

Brooklyn Chocolate Stout's a great cold weather beer...hope my friend has it on tap in his garage again this year:)...

Founders Breakfast Stout's got a much stronger coffee taste than KBS....I think KBS strikes a much better balance, but it's a moot point since KBS is so much harder to come by....I'd be happy if I had enough Breakfast Stout to drink it for breakfast for the better part of a month...yea vote here:)...

I'm in a Floydsy mood...Moloko & Alpha Klaus here...