What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Well it is definitely interesting as the ingredients are well integrated and there is a bit of smoothness that would not be there without the barrel aging. I probably would have used their Rendevous Rye rather than their Double Rye, but that is personal preference.

But that is where I was disappointed. When I make a Manhattan, I get to choose the Rye, the vermouth(s), bitters, proportions, etc. the Manhattan is one f the most tweakable of cocktails, and that is one of the reasons I like it so well. I can craft it to fit my mood at the time. You lose that here so better to view it as something altogether different. If you do that it is worthwhile and interesting.

Had some Grenache/Syrah and Malbec with ribeye at Ray's the Steaks tonight which was nice but now it is back to work. sad.png

By the way, if anyone finds themselves in Arlington, VA, I can wholeheartedly recommend the steaks at Ray's. They were absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked. The only thing is the wait (we had a bit of a wait on a Tuesday night) and they only have wine/beer so no after dinner whiskey.