What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

I am little behind on my drink postings.

From Friday night, a Martilla, following Al.

• 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
  • 1 1/2 ounces añejo tequila
  • 1 ounce dry vermouth
  • 3 teaspoons maraschino liqueur
  • 1 lemon twist, as garnish

A little too lemon-y for me. I would probably only use 1/2 tsp of lemon zest next time.

ekoI0.jpg

Last night:

I made this for my friend who is visiting. Don't know the name - we made it up. She really liked it. It was a little too sweet for my taste but if you like that sort of thing, it was good.

3/2 oz Luksusowa vodka

1 oz St Germain elderflower liqueur

1/2 oz Mathilde pear liqueur (I either used 1/2 oz or 3/4 of an ounce but I forgot to write it down)

1/4 oz lemon juice (either used 1/4 oz or 1/2 oz)

2KCuc.jpg

I was in the mood for tequila so I decided to make a Margarita with elderflower liqueur substituted for the orange liqueur. It was a bad idea, the tequila and elderflower liqueur didn't go too well together. Still drinkable though.

3/2 oz Herradura tequila

3/4 oz St Germain elderflower liqueur

1/2 oz lime juice

k942Y.jpg

Love the Diplomatico Rum. Since you're the Clock Bar regular, hopefully you can introduce me this week. :) But if anyone suggests Old Panther Piss, I'm walkin'!

It's been a long weekend in which my daughter returned from NYC after three weeks away, my nephew got married, I attended a mass in honor of my mother who so wanted to be at that wedding, and I saw the Giants win finally with a different nephew. After passing out upon returning home this afternoon I woke up in time to make cocktails for dinner. First was a round of Remember the Maine cocktails with Claire, according to the Regan recipe:

web.jpg?ver=13127785120001

And after dinner I made myself a cocktail from the PostProhibition.com website but I don't have Death's Door gin to make the name make sense:

Death's Door Cocktail

2 oz gin

.75 oz Lillet blanc

.50 Averna

.25 oz creme de cassis

orange peel garnish

Not bad, but nothing special.

web.jpg?ver=13127784640001

web.jpg?ver=13127784260001

That looks like a specimen in a jar...

Rye Blinker

1 fl. oz Bulleit Rye

.25 fl. oz Raspberry Liqueur

.75 fl. oz Fresh Lemon Juice

1.5 fl. oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice

.5 fl. oz Simple Syrup

Shake all ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker and strain into a Collins glass with new ice. Garnish with a grapefruit peel.

web.jpg?ver=13128530890001

web.jpg?ver=13128530900001

His & hers. Went down nicely on the front porch in Mayberry on a warm evening.