What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

you forgot the "bzzzp bzzz crackle bzzzzz" as the liquid shorts it out.
That's only on the receiving end. On the transmitting end, there is just an abrupt silence.

Also: my fax is on, too, but don't send it to my work fax, they hate it when I break things.

Also: no drinking on the job. Alas.

Margarita

This may be the best margarita I have ever had. :dance: Fucking delicious and so smooth.

2 oz Don Julio Anejo

3/4 oz Clement Creole Shrubb

1/4 oz Simple Syrup

1/2 oz lime juice

Next time I will try it without the extra simple syrup.

2mVRv.jpg

:) I like equal parts :)

It's very yummy stuff.

Yes - I really liked the Laph 15 (killed many of bottle), I liked the additional spice notes, and additional richness of the 15yo. The 10yo is a very good beverage (and for the price, my top cheap Islay). I would like it if they brought the Laph 15 back into the US (if it was with the old <$50 price tag). Right now I would rather drink the Laph 10yo Cask Strength, than most of the (slightly older) Laphroaig's. With high peat levels, I think that cask strength is the only way to go. It allows the beverage to really penetrate the peat and get to the taste buds. Goes really well with a nice 70% dark chocolate.

If you do get one... let us know your thoughts. Interested in how it does vs the previous generation.

Cheers,

Mikey

I've yet to try the 10yo Cask Strength (not available in Canada) but it's on my list of must-tries next time I head south of the border. I'm in Edmonton for awhile, and there are a couple of places here where I can likely compare the 10, 15 and 18. I will report back with the results of my investigation.

Currently drinking Forty Creek Barrel Select, and my wife has just called me to help her finish off her Big Rock Grasshopper wheat ale.

Good luck - I remember that you were having that 40 Creek yesterday.. It is a drinkable beverage.. I found one more Northern Beverage that I liked. It was a special release of Canadian Club aged in Sherry Casks (my weakness)

canadian+club+sherry+cask+whisky.jpg

I don't remember the batch that I had.. but I liked it. Most of the time I found the beverages too spirity (tasting more like alcohol than other flavors)

Cheers,

There's just something about rye that I usually don't like - I don't think it's the lack of flavour besides alcohol; it's something else that just rubs me the wrong way. I'll have to try that CC from sherry casks if I get the chance though. They make you turn in your plaid shirt if you refuse to drink rye in the Prairie provinces after all.

After a great birthday meal which Sol lovingly prepared, drinking an awesome Ribera de Duero red wine, name Pago de Carraovejas:

Pago-Carraovejas-Crianza.png

The one we've had is 2007 crianza, which despite not being reserva or gran reserva is an awesome-still-affordable wine.

I'm having a post-meal brandy. It's a limited production (3000 bottles/year) one which is very peculiar for having moscatel grapes that give it its peculiar sweet (raisin) taste. This is one of my favorite cognac-like beverages

brandy+ximenez+spinola.jpg

Thanks guys. I told you wrong, the grapes aren't moscatel (though they taste quite similar) but Pedro Ximenez for the brandy. According to the manufacturer, only Pedro Ximenez grapes are used in their products. If you haven't ever tasted any Pedro Ximenez based wine (they're mostly sweet wines intended for dessert and digestive use, though they're not syrupy like moscatel) I recommend you Noe noe-pedro-ximenez-muy-viejo-.jpeg

or more affordable and still very good, Harvey's

HPIM5175-1.jpg

Edited by Torpedo

Vieux Carré with Bonal

1 oz Cognac (G-R XO brandy)

1 oz rye whiskey

1 oz Bonal

1/4 oz Benedictine

1 dash of Peychaud’s bitters

1 dash of Angostura bitters

1 lemon twist

Postprohibition.com suggests swapping out the sweet vermouth with Bonal and I approve. Tasty and familiar but a little less sweetness and a little more bite. Like!

18056ae2-bc88-5d91.jpg