What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Well since it was originally made with Sazerac Forge et Fils cognac I prefer to think of it as melding the old and new Sazeracs but Vieux Sazerac will work.

And the red hook is a definite win.

Edited by morphsci

So, I need an opinion on this one. perhaps it exists, but I dunno..

No Name

1 oz tequila

1 oz campari

1 oz Dolin dry

Opened a new bottle of Dolin Dry (my third split). I think this really works...

4ac15198-2fd7-0cdb.jpg

well since a Rosita Cocktail is

1 oz tequila

1 oz campari

1/2 oz dry vermouth

1/2 oz sweet vermouth

how about a Dry Rosita?

Weiss is neiss indeed. Nice cocktail pics up above, too. Good work and glad to see the torch is still burning! :)

I've lost track of the masses of Hell but here is one of the biergarten liters I have consumed in Munich.

web.jpg?ver=13100507880001

We are loving the chill lifestyle here and had a fantastic dinner outdoors at Der Schorr, which is somehow related to the Hacker Schorr brewery. Spaetzel and schnitzel and bratwurst and other Bavarian wonders. They have their own special lager and the typical Hacker Schorr pilsner and a few other options, including an unfiltered weissbier. They are pictured in that order below:

web.jpg?ver=13100507910001

web.jpg?ver=13100507970001

web.jpg?ver=13100507940001

I was too full to go to the bar last night after that feast, so Claire and I are headed there now that the Tour de France is finished for the day. I keep getting back to the hotel to see the last 10K or so of the races, but it is better than nothing. We rented bikes today and did our own tour through the Englischer Garten, with the requisite biergarten stop. :P Anyway, more pics later.

Morning Glory perfectly executed, for me.

5d682495-dc17-9a90.jpg

And a Taj Mahal Mule for Claire.

5d682495-dc7b-3d9c.jpg

Just now making my first Munich memories but I think they will last. Including the well hung portly old gent in the nudist meadow. ;)

Edited by Voltron

So, what's Al up to? There is one Don Julio that is really great, it's the 1942 Anjeo. Very nice!

I'll be in Houston soon, need to stock up :)

(Al is) mostly complaining about having to spend too much time in Houston. ;) j/k He is pretty busy with work and family.

So is the 1942 Anejo worth is at $100? I am very curious, it has very good reviews.

Marc: Let me know when you are in Houston (if you have time to hang out and are not with the family). We should meet up for lunch/drinks/coffee/etc.

Edited by shellylh

Havana Club white rum, Luxardo maraschino, lime juice, grapefruit juice and maybe a tad of simple syrup. It was excellent. Going back to the bar soon after a nice dinner at Brenner restaurant, where I had a beautiful glass of rose champagne and a nice glass of riesling. Just before we were done, the weather turned on the outdoor terrace and we watched dark clouds roll across the sky as the wind kicked up. Eventually, the wind was really gusting and as many patrons fled indoors we stayed outside until a giant potted oleander had fallen on me twice. It was comical and the management was nervous but we were having a ball.

Edited by Voltron

5d682495-11f9-d673.jpg

Claridge Cocktail with The Duke Bavarian dry gin, Noilly Prat dry vermouth, Bols apricot liqueur, orange bitters and an orange twist. Dry and fruity and tasty.

I was curious about The Duke so the bartender said he would give me a bit to taste. (still waiting--he's busy)

I should have asked for these bitters.

5d682495-1405-3e81.jpg

Edited by Voltron