What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

During a long day getting from Prague to Munich by train during a rail strike in Germany (train to bus to train to another train with 2 adults and 2 teens and luggage) I had a tall boy of some german pilsner I cannot recall in a train station and then a bottle of this aptly named beer upon arriving at our hotel:

5d682176-77e9-59b0.jpg

Our suite is in a modern design hotel in Munich with two bedrooms and two bathrooms and a cot for Alden in the living room. Everyone us happy with the hotel, but when we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant it was clear I was meant to stay here. The menu had one page of food and at least 8 pages of cocktails! Perfect ratio.

We started with a La Vie en Rose cocktail for Claire and a Vesper for me. After [mostly after] drinking half the Vesper I noticed the cocktail glass was cracked and got a full new one. :) Then Claire had a Lillet/cucumber/juice cocktail and I had a Mother in Law cocktail with rye instead of bourbon. All were great and I will like it here. Dinner was quite nice too, btw.

5d682176-79e5-4ea2.jpg

5d682176-79f7-8c39.jpg

It's the Cortiina, Jim, and I recommend it highly so far. The cocktail list is awesome in that they start with a summer cocktail list of their own signature drinks, which are variations on classics, mostly. Then, they have a page each of forgotten classics (most of which WE have not forgotten), special versions of classics, champagne cocktails (including the Seelbach!) then pre-dinner drinks, sours, fizzes, daiquiris and other rum drinks, and After-dinner drinks. Impressive in it's scope and a challenge for me to take in these last few days of vacation. :o

Edited by Voltron

Al, Glad you made it to München, and there were cocktails to help!.

It appears they have Segway tours there as well.

If you ever do manage to leave the hotel, in our much younger days, Joanne and I enjoyed ice skating on the Olympic Rink,

The obligatory trip up the TV Tower (Germany's tallest) for the view, and The BMW HQ/Museum/Factory tour.

I remember it winding up some UK BMW fanboi's who would have killed to visit there, only for Joanne to complain that

"I dragged her round there".

The Deutsches Museum was a geek highlight, where I got to sit on a Cray-1, and admire the

burst of innovation in Aeronautics during 1939-45 :)

Thanks Grahame, I will keep this suggestions in kind. I forgot to mention that the cocktail menu starts with alcohol free beer and wine and has a page of alcohol free cocktails entitled "drivers' drinks" that you might enjoy. ;)

Thanks Gene! I need Weiss wurst and pretzels tomorrow for sure!

Edited by Voltron

Nice trip report! My next trip is going to be right in your backyard from 8/7 - 8/17 :) Very excited. The family will be there part of the time and we want to head out of town the last couple days and see the surrounding area, so at some point I'd love to hit you up for some ideas. The front runners are the Jelly Belly factory and some castle, or so I've been told :) I'm just happy to get a few days alone in cocktail heaven :)

Nice trip report! My next trip is going to be right in your backyard from 8/7 - 8/17 :) Very excited. The family will be there part of the time and we want to head out of town the last couple days and see the surrounding area, so at some point I'd love to hit you up for some ideas. The front runners are the Jelly Belly factory and some castle, or so I've been told :) I'm just happy to get a few days alone in cocktail heaven :)

Hopefully I can join you for some of the cocktailing parts. Kids love the Jelly Belly tour but I don't know of any castles nearby. We can connect later to discuss.

Munich was filled with 2018 Winter Olympics dreams and all kinds of outdoor events relating to their candidacy. Their hopes were dashed this afternoon when South Korea won the bid. The city is deflated, but I'm carrying on!

Biergarten at the viktualmarket for a mass of Hell.

5d6868c5-86d6-166f.jpg

And then a Tucher denkelweiss with a late snack.

5d6868c5-8711-c969.jpg

Looking forward to cocktails at the hotel bar later. :ian:

Earlier I had dinner with pabbi1 at a local a mexican restaurant and had a Don Julio Reposado + Grand Marnier + lime juice margarita. It was rather delicious I bought a bottle of Don Julio Anejo on the way home (no Clement stuff at that little store though). This stuff if really nice and very smooth. Currently:

2 oz Don Julio Anejo

1 oz Gran Gala

1/2 oz lime juice

An excellent drink. Next time, I think I will cut the Gran Gala down to 1/2-3/4 oz with this tequila though just to get more of its flavor. Also, I will be sure to find sipping time for this tequila.

i-8Tptzmc-L.jpg

Edited by shellylh