What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

She does that a lot.

You can't get good sober help these days. Sheesh.

Emelius, did you start drinking at 9am? My time sense is screwed up here in Berlin, but my iPad is still on CA time and it seems you were posting at 9am eastern. :blink: Awesome beer selection, regardless.

Further to my travel cocktail blog. The hotel Casa Camper, which is owned by e shoe company of the same name, has a 24/7 lounge with free food, soft drinks/coffee/etc., and an honor bar that you charge to your room by filling out little slips of paper. I will add pics if I can get Tapatalk to work but it is a nice setup with a decent selection of booze, cocktail equipment, lemon/lime, mixers and some beer and wine. I need to find an interesting Amaro Ramazzotti recipe but for now I decided to start simple and made a Classic Daiquiri with sugar, lime juice, and Havana Club 3yo light rum. Tasty and scurvy-preventing all at the same time!

95e56a26-07bb-358c.jpg

95e56a26-07d9-cd9a.jpg

Edited by Voltron

First up a Renacer malbec, not bad probably go with a nice honey roasted ham at Easter (makes mental note)--- heads up to Dusty and Dan.

Will look for this. I like Malbec.

Further to my travel cocktail blog. The hotel Casa Camper, which is owned by e shoe company of the same name, has a 24/7 lounge with free food, soft drinks/coffee/etc., and an honor bar that you charge to your room by filling out little slips of paper. I will add pics if I can get Tapatalk to work but it is a nice setup with a decent selection of booze, cocktail equipment, lemon/lime, mixers and some beer and wine. I need to find an interesting Amaro Ramazzotti recipe but for now I decided to start simple and made a Classic Daiquiri with sugar, lime juice, and Havana Club 3yo light rum. Tasty and scurvy-preventing all at the same time!

Jeez Al, you know how to travel!

Way to look out for your health, Al. Scurvy can be a bitch, so it pays to stay ahead of it. :lol:

Are you up there on the top floor doing cocktails?

You spotted me, Gene old buddy! Top right corner is the "bodega" and the rest of the lounge is free. We are in 51-52, just to the left of the our Parisian friend who met us here in 53. Those numbers are on the curtains in the bathroom windows. Handy for snipers. B)

Well, I never got to the Ramazzotti Negoni, but I managed a large Gaffel kolsch, a Köstritzer schwarzbier and three of us had a nice bottle of St. Antony Rotschiefer riesling that was delicious.

I tried the Renacer (I called it Punto Final) -- don't remember it, will revisit it.

Given my very limited experience with Malbecs, I found it pretty decent and it was nice to step out of my Pinot/Cabernet comfort zone and try something yummy.

Yay Al and gang, you should be able to experience a lot of really Gewürztramineriners and Rieslings over there, me jealous.

*edit* fuggin' spell check

Edited by Augsburger