What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

The only time I have had a Kasteel Rouge it tasted exactly, precisely like cherry cough syrup.

I cannot agree with this observation.

For science I made a Plymouth aviation.

IMG_0197.jpg

Very tasty and smooth with the plymouth but I prefer it with the the North Shore #6.

my grandmother used to try a completely different approach to home remedies -- she would basically put the system into overdrive, which sort of forced the body to work itself out. For example, if you had too much acid in your stomach, she would feed you a grapefruit, forcing the stomach to stop generating acid.

Anyway, just sayin' -- if the milk doesn't help.

And: sympathies.

Actually, I think milk sorta does that... the protein and fat can create more stomach acid (but it does feel good on the esophagus temporarily). So I guess I am taking her approach (I will just have to make sure to drink a pint of milk instead of a glass). :)

Actually, I think milk sorta does that... the protein and fat can create more stomach acid (but it does feel good on the esophagus temporarily). So I guess I am taking her approach (I will just have to make sure to drink a pint of milk instead of a glass). :)

Interesting, didn't know that and I've been drinking massive amounts of milk lately. Weird though as it hasn't caused acid problems for me, just bloating, excess gas, sometimes diarrhea. I've had gastrointestinal issues for at least the last 5-6 years and have given up foods that can make me sweat like mad and feel nauseous, eg. overly spicy foods, all sodas, things with too much caffeine, etc. I actually did feel relatively better when I was taking protein pump inhibitors but got lazy and they were expensive. The last doctor I asked about my gastrointestinal issues said it was due to stress, which conflicts with what this site says: http://www.umm.edu/digest/ulcers.htm.

This after work martini thing is becoming a habit. On my second using Junipero. The first seemed a bit "hot" to me, so this time I went from approximately 1/4 Dolin Blanc to 1/3 and I like it much better. Oh, and fuck work. Because I have to do some from home again tonight. Another thing that's becoming a habit....

Glad to hear it's not that big a deal Mike but I do understand how it is to deal with usual work shit so I really feel for you. Personally, nothing gets my panties in a bunch more than having to work more hours outside of what is reasonable (I do understand that I have to work overtime on a as-needed basis - "as needed" meaning not on a regular basis)....it makes me feel like I'm being taken advantage of and as if I'm being robbed. Of course, if I got overtime pay, I'd probably feel a lot different :prettyprincess:

Also glad to hear you're enjoying some fine mixed drinks.....no FFF love today? :)

Interesting, didn't know that and I've been drinking massive amounts of milk lately. Weird though as it hasn't caused acid problems for me, just bloating, excess gas, sometimes diarrhea. I've had gastrointestinal issues for at least the last 5-6 years and have given up foods that can make me sweat like mad and feel nauseous, eg. overly spicy foods, all sodas, things with too much caffeine, etc. I actually did feel relatively better when I was taking protein pump inhibitors but got lazy and they were expensive. The last doctor I asked about my gastrointestinal issues said it was due to stress, which conflicts with what this site says: http://www.umm.edu/digest/ulcers.htm.

I guess there is some evidence that milk may cause heartburn for some although milk doesn't seem to bother me much on its own. If it doesn't bother you, then you are probably ok.

I don't seem to have a problem with heartburn as long as I am not really stressed/worried about something and avoid spicy foods and alcohol. (Of course, that pretty much means that I suffer from heartburn pretty often since I love spicy food and have been known to have a drink every once in a while. :) )

I don't seem to have a problem with heartburn as long as I am not really stressed/worried about something and avoid spicy foods and alcohol. (Of course, that pretty much means that I suffer from heartburn pretty often since I love spicy food and have been known to have a drink every once in a while. :) )

That describes me :)

Lactose intolerance?

Most ulcers are caused by H. pylori, but can be caused by other things. Stress can cause all kinds of GI symptoms.

Edited by jvlgato