What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

I have to say, I have mixed feelings. If they're allowed to run like a wholly owned subsidiary, and they don't do anything evil, I'll probably continue to buy them.

So I ended up wearing that glass...
Why? Is it a caps thing? Is it red?

Srsly, how is it? (The drunk glass, not the worn glass.)

wow...bottle selection's even more impressive than what's on tap (although i'd have that mikkeller koppi--was good in bottle form)...feel free to mail me the Juliet, Lolita & Madam Rose:)...oh & that Raspy 12!...definitely the Raspy 12...I really like Lost Abbey Red Poppy, but that's a bit steep...it's cheaper online...

happy b-day:)...have a great one...

wow...bottle selection's even more impressive than what's on tap (although i'd have that mikkeller koppi--was good in bottle form)...feel free to mail me the Juliet, Lolita & Madam Rose:)...oh & that Raspy 12!...definitely the Raspy 12...I really like Lost Abbey Red Poppy, but that's a bit steep...it's cheaper online...

happy b-day:)...have a great one...

Thanks for the heads up on the mikkeller koppi, I am a sucker for a good coffee beer. Two weeks ago they had FFF hells black intelligencer which I unfortunately missed out on.

Shared a bottle of Brewdog/Mikkeller Divine Rebel earlier today. It was interesting but I don't think I would want to drink more than a couple of ounces myself. Ok, so I didn't really like it, I guess that is what I am trying to say.

2189725124ee52599452199027ef687a_58883.jpeg

Never got a chance to toast Jim last night so I doing it now with some Parker 27yr. Congrats Jim! I do like the Parker. ;)

d0bgx.jpg

Now that goose island is sold to anheuser do you think they will still be able to maintain the same high quality, especially their more rare beers?

EDIT: next time people are in town we should coordinate hitting up the goose island brewpub as it is quite nice.

A local pub I sometimes frequent abruptly dropped all GI beers because of the Anheuser sale. Didn't ask for their reasons, but wonder if the distribution of GI beers to other pubs was affected. Or concern for quality? I'll have to ask them next time I'm there.

*Anvil*

Decided I needed to take a break and make myself a real cocktail tonight.

Zombie

1/2 oz passion fruit syrup

1/2 oz pineapple juice

1/2 oz lemon juice

1/2 oz lime juice

1/2 oz agave syrup

1/2 oz Dos Maderas 5+3 rum

1/2 oz Wrey & Nephew rum

1/2 oz Ron Zacapa rum

1 dash angostura

This drink is fantastic! Maybe next time I will try it with both W&N and Smith & Cross.

mFXSp.jpg

Now drinking a Pegu Club from the Regan recipe. This is much better, but I continue to think Junipero gin does not work well in sours and some other kinds of cocktails. Anyway, here it is:

Pegu Club

2oz gin

1oz triple sec (Cointreau)

Dash angostura bitters

Dash orange bitters

Shake, double strain and garnish with lime peel.

18056ae2-e2d0-ed58.jpg

Recently tried the Alamos malbec -- outstanding for $7-9, much better than the funky llama, this one can be judge without taking into account its price, nicely balanced -- and the Catena malbec -- meh, either bottle was off, or it's not very good, something nasty about it. Also revisited the Norton Reserva -- my suspicions were right, it's still one of the better ones, but that first bottle was the best. This last bottle wasn't superior to the rest of the herd by a goodly margin, like the first one was. I suspect my goddamn allergies are making my tastebuds more fickle than usual.

Hello high end alcohol cognoscenti -- my wife is in New Orleans and just asked me if I wanted her to 'bring back anything specific from New Orleans, but nothing with tits' (her words). I'm thinking there must be some nice booze down there that might be hard to obtain elsewhere. Any suggestions?

Edited by jvlgato