What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

picked up & drank 'nother Gnomegang...had some more Nugget Nectar (down to what's probably my last bottle for this year)...went to a local liquor store to investigate the rye situation...no luck on Van Winkle...they expect to get more 20, 23 & rye in but they don't know when (not a good indicator)...haven't seeen any bulleit rye...they did have some pricy Rittenhouse 23 Rye...& I'm wondering if anyone here can comment on Wasmund's Rye as it includes a mini-barrel for aging your own Whiskey:)...i'm tempted to get it for aging stouts:)...

Rittenhouse Rye 23 is very good and should be less than PVW 20 and a lot less expensive than PVW 23.

Just went to sfwtc to order some West Rendezvous Rye and some Torani Amer and found out that they no longer ship to Texas!!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

"Due to the recent change in Texas Laws, we are no longer able to ship to Texas."

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by shellylh

Just went to sfwtc to order some West Rendezvous Rye and some Torani Amer and found out that they no longer ship to Texas!!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

"Due to the recent change in Texas Laws, we are no longer able to ship to Texas."

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

That fucking sucks, Shelly. I have 6-bottle shippers and would be happy to hook you up if you have an order of 4-6 bottles.

That fucking sucks, Shelly. I have 6-bottle shippers and would be happy to hook you up if you have an order of 4-6 bottles.

Thanks for the offer Al, might take you up sometime in the future. I am ok for now on the Torani Amer but will need to stock up next time I am Cali to make sure I can keep sippin' the Liberals. :) Maybe Rendezvous will make its way here someday (I probably have enough rye and bourbon to keep me happy for now).

Just sucks that Texas has such stupid laws!

A Martinez Cocktail

1 1/2 oz Ransom Old Tom Gin

3/4 oz Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth

Scant teaspoon Luxardo Maraschino

Dash Regan's Orange Bitters

Dash Boker's Bitters

Stir with ice to chill and strain into a cocktail glass. Squeeze lemon peel over glass. Add a (preferably luxardo or toschi) cherry if you so desire.

IMG_0142.jpg

This is definitely a drink where the maraschino works. Also superior to the special Martini (not that it did not disappear into my digestive tract).

Edited by morphsci

Hot Buttered Rum

2 oz Rum

3 sugar cubes

1 tbsp Butter

Hot Water

Warm a mug or glass, and then add sugar and about 1.5 oz of hot water to the mug. Stir sugar and water until sugar is well-dissolved. Add rum and then fill top the mug with hot water. Add butter and stir until butter is completely melted.

4ac15198-ab2a-2676.jpg

Mojito Agricole

2.5 oz rhum

24 mint leaves

2 sugar cubes

1 oz lime juice

4 oz soda

Place mint leaves in bottom of glass an muddle with lime juice. Add rhum and stir. Add crushed ice. Add soda water and garnish with mint leaves.

I was aiming towards a more sour, not as sweet mojito. I succeeded. This rhum isn't as earthy as other agricoles, it works well here.

4ac15198-abc8-9f8b.jpg

King Crimson -- I definitely like it. It's an imperial amber, and hence, hoppier than I would usually take to, but...I actually think it's more bitter than hoppy, but it's that clean bitter/hoppy that I like so much in for example, My Antonia, Sierra Nevada XXXth Anniversary Barleywine, and the Terrapin/Left Hand IPA collaboration thingy.

But it's a little on the thin side, so I doubt I'll get it again.