What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

When I picked up the Blackwoods I asked the shop owner and he indicated that Blackwoods had just upped its distribution a bit so it may not be that much of a longshot. BTW I like the idea of a Vesper using Genever.

Now drinking a Bebbo Cocktail

1 1/2 oz Bluecoat Gin

1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice

1/2 oz Agave Syrup (Called for honey but I prefer the agave syrup)

2 tsp Fresh Orange Juice

Mix all ingredients in a shaker until the agave syrup (honey) dissolves, add ice, shake and double strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry.

IMG_0137.jpg

Stupid name but pretty good, if a little sweet.

Edited by morphsci

I like that people can still get Blackwoods after 2.x years of no production up north. I assume the company that bought the brand after the bankrupcy makes it elsewhere now.

Edited by Duggeh

The Champagne should provide the mixing in the Seelbach. I don't really care for it though.

Now a Boulevardier Cocktail

1 1/2 oz Wathan's Single Barrel Bourbon

1 oz Campari

1 oz Carpano Antica

Stir well and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry

IMG_0138.jpg

Ah Paris in the springtime.

Edited by morphsci

French 95

3/4 ounce bourbon

1/2 ounce simple syrup

1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice

1 ounce fresh orange juice

Champagne

Shake the first four ingredients with ice and strain into an ice-filled glass (oops!) Top with Champagne.

Not much booze, but very tasty. In lieu of the French 75.

4ac15198-4f0f-814c.jpg

Edited by luvdunhill

picked up & drank 'nother Gnomegang...had some more Nugget Nectar (down to what's probably my last bottle for this year)...went to a local liquor store to investigate the rye situation...no luck on Van Winkle...they expect to get more 20, 23 & rye in but they don't know when (not a good indicator)...haven't seeen any bulleit rye...they did have some pricy Rittenhouse 23 Rye...& I'm wondering if anyone here can comment on Wasmund's Rye as it includes a mini-barrel for aging your own Whiskey:)...i'm tempted to get it for aging stouts:)...

Martini (Special) Cocktail, revised (Savoy, Erik E.)

1 1/2 oz Old Tom Gin

3/4 oz Carpano Antica Vermouth

2 drops Orange Flower Water

Bare Dash Absinthe

Dash Angostura Bitters (Boker's)

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail glass. Twist Lemon Peel over glass and discard.

4ac15198-5a43-4df9.jpg

Want but must sleep instead. :(

baja blast mt. dew...

so...turns out my concerns about Shelton Brothers in Indiana were legitimate...they're pulling out & taking

Achel

Cantillon

De Molen

De Prouf

Dieu Du Ciel

Drie Fonteinen

EKU

Fantome

Haandbryggeriet

Jolly Pumpkin

Mikkeller

Nøgne Ø

Nørrebro Bryghus

Struise

with them...ouch...DFH leaves, Goose Island bought by A-B InBev & now this...

Dark Lord Day can't come soon enough...

Indiana has clearly pissed off the beer gods. You had better move while you can.

Last night, I made myself a couple Bonal & Rye cocktails (2oz rye, 1oz Bonal, .5oz Cointreau, 2 dashes orange bitters and 1 dash Angostura bitters) and used Willett 2yo first and High West Rendezvous second. The Willett had more bite but the Rendezvous was a more balanced cocktail. More experimentation will be necessary.

a6cd8964-409c-d252.jpg

Then, Peter I_D came out to Mayberry after he went to the Giants game and we had a nice dram of Parker's 27 while chatting and watching the end of Something Wild (The Feelies are great as the high school reunion band) and then the end of Enter the Dragon.

Edited by Voltron

picked up & drank 'nother Gnomegang...had some more Nugget Nectar (down to what's probably my last bottle for this year)...went to a local liquor store to investigate the rye situation...no luck on Van Winkle...they expect to get more 20, 23 & rye in but they don't know when (not a good indicator)...haven't seeen any bulleit rye...they did have some pricy Rittenhouse 23 Rye...& I'm wondering if anyone here can comment on Wasmund's Rye as it includes a mini-barrel for aging your own Whiskey:)...i'm tempted to get it for aging stouts:)...

The Wasmunds rye is unaged and therefore tastes very different than any aged rye. To me it actually tastes more like a tequilla.