What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

So the Plymouth gin worked very well in the Palm Beach and Park Avenue last night. The same cannot be said for the Seventh Heaven. Plymouth is much too smooth and mild and so the drink was overwhelmed by the 1/2 oz of maraschino liquor. My suggestion is to either cut back to 1/4 oz maraschino if you are using Plymouth or other less assertive gin or just use a ballsy gin like Junipero.

Anyway, tonight I am revisiting the Twentieth Century Cocktail

1 1/2 oz Bluecoat Gin

3/4 oz Cocchi Americano

1/2 oz Mary Brizard Creme de Cocoa (The recipe calls for light but all I have is dark)

3/4 oz Fresh Lemon Juice

Shake and double strain into a cocktail glass. Express a lemon peel and drop in.

IMG_0134.jpg

So the Plymouth gin worked very well in the Palm Beach and Park Avenue last night. The same cannot be said for the Seventh Heaven. Plymouth is much too smooth and mild and so the drink was overwhelmed by the 1/2 oz of maraschino liquor. My suggestion is to either cut back to 1/4 oz maraschino if you are using Plymouth or other less assertive gin or just use a ballsy gin like Junipero.

Anyway, tonight I am revisiting the Twentieth Century Cocktail

1 1/2 oz Bluecoat Gin

3/4 oz Cocchi Americano

1/2 oz Mary Brizard Creme de Cocoa (The recipe calls for light but all I have is dark)

3/4 oz Fresh Lemon Juice

Shake and double strain into a cocktail glass. Express a lemon peel and drop in.

IMG_0134.jpg

And?

We'll see about that. Twentieth Century with Junipero, Cocchi and Firelit liqueur coming up. USA USA USA !

In my patriotic fervor, I forgot that firelit is coffee, not chocolate so the lame Dekuyper will have to do.

18056ae2-02bb-bbac.jpg

Edited by Voltron

I think the Junipero would definitely make it a fairer fight.

Decided to see how good the Blackwoods really is by mixing up a Vesper

3 oz Blackwoods Gin

1 oz Glacier Vodka

3/4 oz Cocchi Americano

Stir briskly and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a nice lemon twist.

IMG_0136.jpg

Yep, Blackwoods is good.