What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Touché mon ami! By pure coincidence I had just snapped a pic with a sword cocktail pick in a pompous crystal bowl glass.

4b070340-68aa-0c47.jpg

Joburg Cocktail

5 dashes Fees orange bitters

1.5oz Clement Martinique white rum

1.5oz Lillet blanc as Capertif substitute

Lemon peel

Edited by Voltron

Bloody Mary's. A bottled mix tweaked with Lea & Perrins, Louisiana hot sauce and jalapeno stuffed olives. Oh, and Debbie went with hot pickled okra instead of the olives.

YUM!

Good stuff Al, Jim and Marc!

Earlier this evening: Victory Yakima Glory "a dark IPA" on tap with a juicy short rib and cheese griddled sandwich on sourdough

Now: The Liberal Cocktail

1. This drink is fantastic!!!

2. See #1

1 oz 17 yr Vintage Bourbon (94 proof)

1 oz Carpano Antica

1/2 tsp Torani Amer

1/4 tsp Regan Orange Bitters

r3CJi.jpg

Edited by shellylh

What do you think of the Northwind Mike? I saw a shitload of that in Oak Park this past weekend when I went on my beer prospecting and nearly went for it but decided to save the money.

I like. Not overpowering, so you can drink two or three. Mild chocolate overtones with a coffee layer in there too.

A nicely done drink Al with just the right amounting pomposity in the glassware.

Nice Liberal Shelly. I like it also, especially with the higher proof Bourbons.

Interesting Aviation Marc, I will have to give it a try with those proportions for comparison.

Now a Barnum (Was Right) Cocktail

2 oz Junipero Gin

1 oz Rothman and Winter's Orchard Apricot

1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice

2 dashes Fee Brother's Whiskey Barrel Aged Bitters

Shake and double strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist befitting P. T. Barnum

IMG_0078.jpg

The only suckers are those not drinking one of these.

Edited by morphsci

There's a sucker drunk every minute . . .

I cleverly grabbed the R&W from Mayberry yesterday so that will be the next greatest drink on earth. For now, a Clement two-fer:

Fair and Warmer

.75oz Perucchi Italian vermouth

1.5oz Clement white rum

2 dashes Curacao (.5 tsp)

Stir and strain with a cherry to garnish. Rum manhattan is ok by me!

4b070340-7959-ea98.jpg

Third Rail Cocktail #2

1 dash Versinthe absinthe (compliments of blessingx)

1oz Clement white rum

1.5oz Germain Robin XO brandy

.5oz Pommeau de Normandie

Should be equal parts rum, brandy and calvados but I didn't have calvados so I went with more brandy. Damn fine and very spiritous cocktail.

4b070340-7974-60c5.jpg

Excellent mixology Al, the Third Rail looks especially riveting :).

I'm about to join you in that thread Mike as I finish the evening with an Aviation ala Marc.

IMG_0079.jpg

I still think I prefer a mix with more Creme de Violette than maraschino.

Shelly, the Smith and Cross Navy Strength is a good Jamaican rum, the Wray and Nephew white overproof is excellent if you can find it and I really like the Goslings black seal, especially for the price as an excellent dark rum in the Tiki cocktails and in the Dark and Stormy.

Edited by morphsci

I second the Smith and Cross. I also like El Dorado 5 and am looking forward to trying the 12+. My next rum will be a Clement agricole.

I think that aviation is my favorite. It starts of a bit tart and as it warms up the Violette starts to come out. I use rich simple syrup and find it a very balanced cocktail. I could see wanting a bit more Violette though :) I think the key here is not very much maraschino, so next time I'll add a bit more Violette and see what I think!

Edited by luvdunhill