What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

That punch looks very good, much better than the name.

Check out the write up in the book, nice read.

I'm lamenting the fact that I cannot use the sloe gin due to being out of dark rum. So more punch. It's very nice. I'm not sure the right mixture of the bubbly though, I'm trying 2:1 and it's nice.

Bog standard Blue Paradise

2 oz Maison Surrenne

1 oz Dubonnet Rouge

1/2 tsp Brizard Parfait Amour

Stir, strain and garnish with lemon peel.

IMG_0074.jpg

The Parfait Amour has a vanilla flavor that the Creme de Violette lacks. Nice, I like vanilla, especially with a little cognac.

The Fish House Punch was an ambitious undertaking Marc, and it sounds great. I have to try some of the alcohol alchemy you are getting up to.

I think I actually like Vespers better than Martinis, which is big for me.

I feel the same way. A nice martini works sometimes but a Vesper is what I prefer more often.

Cheers Naaman, from Shelly!

That is one bigass pic there, Shelly!

Dang... looks like I am going to need some Parker's around here... was that a group buy? :-)

Naaman started it, actually, but no formal group buy. B) I cracked a new bottle last night, so maybe you should just come over sometime and knock back a couple. ;)

aquafina.

i am in need of suggestions for red wine. i was told red meat goes with red wine and white meat with white. the interwebs seem to concur. if this is crap suggest something. was invited to a "steak dinner" and was told to bring wine. as you probably all already know, i know nothing about alcohol other than the few sips ive had of the tasty stuff at meets. any suggestions for a bottle i could procure locally? not enough time to place an order online. i dont even know what something like this would cost so keep suggestions sane - south of say $150. i dont know if thats too much or too little or about right. budget is flexible but not $900 flexible. dinner is quite important so id like to stay away from the "bourgeois crap." personally i dont think ill be able to tell the difference between $2 vs $200 wine but the hosts seem to be discerning wine drinkers.

Edited by crappyjones123

Savoy has some strange ingredients... fun stuff to research when the time comes:

Prunelle Brandy

Hercules

Groseille

Caperitif

Sirop-de-Citron

Byrrh

Lithia Water

Charbreux

Rock Candy Syrup

Oxygenee Cusenier

Eau de Vie de Danzig

Pricota