What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

A variation on a classic, the "First Word":309 gin, yellow chartreuse and lemon I'd guessIn my fucking hotel too. This city is the best Al.a6cd8a38-d388-2717.jpg

moar drinkgs. inglcuding something with sloe gin. it was good. this is a good bar. al rules.

Awesome. For future reference, what hotel?

Second half of my Russian River Rejection Growler which I cracked last night for the steak dinner.

Damn Good stuff. Aaaaand no matter what Russian River might claim about it being an American brewed Belgian style ale, this is the best damn Scottish export I've had :)

Edited by Duggeh

2005 Volker Eisele Family Estate Cabernet Sauvignon - I liked it a lot but there are better cabs out there for ~$40 (technically it is a Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Cabernet Franc blend though). For example, I liked the Panza better and it is ~$35.

Volker%20Eisele%202005%20Estate%20Cabernet.gif

Edited by shellylh

Marc, were you at Rickhouse the whole time? It is a good spot and owned by the same folks as B&B and Cask Store.

Yeah, I was. Very cool place and had some nice live music to boot. In fact I got an unexpected compliment when the bar tender asked which bar I worked at :)

They were slammed and kept getting shitty drink requests from bitchy women, so I felt a little bad for them. Lots of people were complaining about the wait time too.

Also, they do punches by the bowl (and a few ready made ones) which is really cool I think.

Today I'm speaking (twice) then taking some important folks to B&B. It's a busy day. Nice thing is, it's downhill from here till Friday.

Yeah, I was. Very cool place and had some nice live music to boot. In fact I got an unexpected compliment when the bar tender asked which bar I worked at :)

They were slammed and kept getting shitty drink requests from bitchy women, so I felt a little bad for them. Lots of people were complaining about the wait time too.

Also, they do punches by the bowl (and a few ready made ones) which is really cool I think.

Today I'm speaking (twice) then taking some important folks to B&B. It's a busy day. Nice thing is, it's downhill from here till Friday.

Good luck with your talks and your B&B evening, Marc!

The Final Ward

1 oz rye whiskey

1 oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur

1 oz fresh lemon juice

1 oz Chartreuse

Put all ingredients into an ice-filled shaker and shake hard until well chilled. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.

IMG_0067.jpg

A bit sweet but the maraschino is not over the top. I wish I could figure out what was in that Carthusian.