0.5 oz dark rum (Cruzan Blackstrap)

1 oz brandy

0.5 oz maraschino liqueur

0.5 oz rum

2 oz orgeat syrup

0.5 oz lemon juice

4 oz soda

3 oz chilled champagne

Muddle peels with sugar cube and dark rum.

Add everything else except the champagne and stir vigorously. Pour into 2 glasses with 3 large cubes of ice. Divide champagne between glasses.

4ac15198-f596-e5ce.jpg

He types with an accent??

Well tonight we were fortunate enough to have another spectacular meal to go along with our young Napa Cabernet shootout. The contenders were a 100 point Schrader George III and a Lewis Cabernet. Richie the chef just steps out looks at the two wines and returns to the kitchen to whip out four courses that played off the Cabs nearly perfectly. We started with some braised for eight hours pork tacos with a Habanero chile sauce, then a pork belly that took three days to prepare served with a cherry compote then lamb cigars with a yogurt and some tempenade then a lamb loin with some wild sauce and horseradish mashed potato's. Interestingly enough as the wines opened up over the evening each new course seemed to adjust to the nuances of the wines aS they evolved. Perhaps it was psychological but so what the experience was damn good and one of the best.

I would say that you are very fortunate. Jealous... very jealous.

Marc: How is the drink/orgeat?

I just shared a bottle of 2007 Bishop's Peak Cabernet Sauvignon with a couple of friends outside. It was way too cold to be having wine outdoors.

Two Brooklyn Cocktails, same recipe as yesterday except the one on the left uses Torani Amer and the one on the right uses Amer Boudreau.

IMG_0066.jpg

The Torani is lighter and sweeter, the Boudreau is more complex and kicks harder since I used everclear for my tincture. That said they are pretty close when mixed in a Brooklyn.

Nice Jim! Give the Mother-In-Law and the Picon Punch a try as well :)

The orgeat is good. The drink is pretty complex. I think I wouldn't recommend the combo of the Blackstrap and the cane sugar. It's a bit much in an already sweet drink. It's a nice punch though to relax with. I'm on the second glass. Oh and the champagne just works perfect here, very nice interplay of flavors.

i figured lamb penis. Sometimes a cigar is metaphorical.

Lamb penis is only on the lunch menu, silly guy!

Reks is correct as usual. I am not sure how they did it but it appeared and tasted as if they used ground lamb with a type of coriander wrapped in filo dough. Kind of like Winston Churchill said--" ....a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma" only it tasted much better and went real well with the Cabernets consumed.

2005 Ojai Pinot Fe Ciega Vineyard.

Edited by Augsburger

Drinking the last of my Costa Rican CoopePalmares Pulp Natural from Old Bisbee. So far, this has been my favorite with Indian Mysore Nugget just a step behind (too bad they don't have both right now :( ). I didn't really like the Bali Kintamana very much.

Edited by shellylh

I haven't had beer in like a week.

Chalk-a-Laka-Boom Faux-rizona for me.

Me either. Taking a bit of a break, though I did buy 5 Rodenbach Cru's, a Beer Geek Brunch Weasel (weasel shit beer ftw I hope), a duel du ciel peche mortel, and a Terrazao de los Andes Reserva Malbec. No idea when I am gonna drink any though, and two are as gifts. Drinking diet cherry 7up right now, but just finished it. Probably switch to Turkey Hill iced tea next.