What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

I had no idea they're making that vermouth in Spain, well in Catalonia... If you're having a hard time to get it, I could look for a couple of bottles and sending it to you, maybe to Al, so you can taste it at MOA. Nevermind, just saw Al found it at a local shop :palm: What's the price there?

I had no idea they're making that vermouth in Spain, well in Catalonia... If you're having a hard time to get it, I could look for a couple of bottles and sending it to you, maybe to Al, so you can taste it at MOA. Nevermind, just saw Al found it at a local shop :palm: What's the price there?

Thanks Antonio, but it is readily available here for $18/liter.

Anvil # 60 Navy Grog using a modification of the Don the Beachcomber recipe

1 oz Ron Zacapa Solero 23

1 oz Smith & Cross Navy Strength

1 oz Gosling Black Seal

3/4 oz Lime Juice

3/4 oz Grapefruit Juice

1 oz Agave Syrup

1 oz Club Soda

Mix agave syrup with juices in blender. Stir in rums and soda. Pour into glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with orange slices and lime wedges.

IMG_0041.jpg

This is a damn good drink ... Aaaarrrrgh

Awesome grog, Jim, and such beautiful crushed ice!

I think someone needs to take two for the team.

There's actually three of them, but they aren't pricey so maybe I will do the hat trick.

Back to the Anvil...

Port Flip from the Stork Club Bar Book.

2 oz port wine Grahame's 1992 vintage

1 tsp superfine sugar

1 whole egg

Shake with ice, strain into wine glass, and shave nutmeg on top.

web.jpg?ver=12943776580001

Damn tasty, and I had been dreading this one and the Coffee Cocktail as well. I remember Jim saying this was the better of the two, so I eased into it. :cool:

Going way back for a Jerry Thomas punch recipe, although I cannot find one called "special punch" either. I should have done the Arrack Punch now that I think about it, but I went for this instead:

Gin Punch

1 tablespoon raspberry syrup

2 teaspoons sugar

2 oz water

3 oz Holland gin (Bols Genever)

Juice of half small lemon

2 slices of orange

[1 piece pineapple]

Fill tumbler with shaved ice. Shake contents well and ornament the top with berries. Sip through a straw. Should have added a dash or two of Maraschino that he included in some recipe variation because it would have made it a little more complex. Nice, refreshing and could be great as a big punch at a party.

web.jpg?ver=12943804550001

12 more to go!

^ Thats not my port wine :)

Oops. Got used to adding the e.

Edited by Voltron