Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene

agile_one

You're welcome, and thanks for willing to deal with my nighttime symphonies. I'll reserve a room today.

Edit: I'll book a room when the hotel puts up the Head Case web page.

Done! It's me and Fitz and, I guess, you and Peter.

Fitz, We'll expect a review of Guzzi vs. Dr. Wood. Decibels, patterns, rythms and visceral impact will be pertinent additions to the write up.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does suck indeed. Exams run late for you, every Florida school I've been around ends within the first week of December.

Grahame, great news with the van. Reminds me I need to lock down my rental car. I drive a serious beater and rent something the couple times a year I need to go further than I trust my own vehicle. I guess I'll rent the greenest thing I can since we seem to be set on transportation, and I won't be sober anyway.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Just off the phone with my girl, Sarah, at the Residence Inn, and the "custom web page" for us is still being worked on. I told her, "we don' need no steenkin' custom web page, jus' let us make our reservations." So she gave me some codes to use on their normal reservation page. We can also call 813 877-8988 at anytime for reservations if you identify yourself as part of the "Headcase" group.

Still with me? Good. We have 3 codes to use, depending on whether you want to book a Studio Suite, One Bedroom Suite, or Two Bedroom Suite. I should mention that the Studios and One Bedroom suites are pretty much identical at 504 sq ft - difference is that the One Bedroom has a wall and door to close off sleeping room. and the Studio os open plan.

The codes to use depend on the room type you want to reserve:

- use "heaheaa" for Studio

- use "heaheab" for One Bedroom

- use "heaheac" for Two Bedroom

Here's where you use the codes:

Go to the hotel home page: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tpaws-residence-inn-tampa-westshore-airport/

Select your dates, and click the "+" beneath "Special Rates and Awards"

Screenshot2010-11-12at31654PM.png

Then click the "Group code" radio button, and enter the appropriate code ("heaheaa", "heaheab", or "heaheac")

Screenshot2010-11-12at31234PM.png

Then click the "Check Availability" button and you should see rates for your room with reference to "HEAD CASE GROUP"

Screenshot2010-11-12at31301PM.png

Just off the phone with my girl, Sarah, at the Residence Inn, and the "custom web page" for us is still being worked on. I told her, "we don' need no steenkin' custom web page, jus' let us make our reservations."

Custom web pages are for sissies, and since I seem to be the only one who isn't going to make this meet, there will be no sissies in attendance. Shucks, I feel like I'm missing out on all of the fun already...

Anyone have floor space available? Even if I were to get a room by myself or with someone else I will still be taking the floor. Can't sleep on beds. Will split cost of room two ways or three ways or however it turns out to be. Prefer to share with quiet sleepers. Getting there Thursday evening and scheduled to fly out early morning on Sunday but might change the departure if there are things going on on Sunday.

hmmm ... just tested reservation for 12/9 - 12/13 ... still no joy, but am confident it should be there this morning. i'll keep checking. In the meantime, phone is fine 813 877-7988

Still no joy this morning - note that checkin of 12/10 and checkout of 12/12 works fine. Made my morning call to bug them to get fixed.

Yet to book a room - no joy on the web again - may phone when I have some time to do so.

Virgin are are having yet another revolving sale, book by 22nd this time. Flights To Orlando (MCO) & Airfare | Virgin America

It seems they have one very week (until they get bored, I guess)

Grahame ... see Todd's comment below - a definite workaround if you and Peter going for Studio or one BR.

I ended up just choosing the AAA rate, its the same as the group discount rate at least for the Studio. So I'm officially confirmed, getting in friday leaving monday!

ding, ding, ding, ding ... we have a workaround (for AAA members, at least). Of course, phone still works for 12/9 checkin and/or 12/13 checkout.

What once looked like a nice hole in my schedule is now looking pretty full.

I'll double down on all those previous "that sucks, sorry Steve's" because I just decided I'm in.

rilla.gif

It seems too epic to miss. nod.gif

Thanks Gene. thumb.gif

Anyone have floor space available?

I'm gonna get in line behind CJ for floor space in the hotel, or a room or suite to split if one still remains amongst you.

I'm gonna try to go see Jerry Harvey either before or after the weekend, so not sure of my exact schedule yet. But my intention is get there early and stay late.

Um ... yee haa?!