Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene

agile_one

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so, buying tickets. It's gone up like, 40$, but whatever. Quick question... someone can give me a ride, right? I think it's like, 30 minutes, but I'm just wanting to check. :) I'm coming in to PIE instead of TPA (saves 120$ or so). Well, screw it, I'll just buy and we'll see. :)

**BRENT**

Brent ... PIE would be approx $20 cab ride to the hotel - it's accross the bay. Will try to arrange pickup - all depends who is around with a car.

I bought tickets a moment ago.

Im flying in On jet blue Thursday, landing at ~7pm

Flying out Sunday evening, take off 630PM

I get into TPA at 6:02pm on Thursday. An up to snuff Five Guys sounds great.

Ari, Ken, Grahame, and whomever else is coming in on Thurs - looks like I better get my butt up there on Thurs to keep a lid on things. :)

I say 5-Guys to go and eat them @ CCB.

glad you're coming, miguel.

x2

Thanks Vicky, I am bringing OLD stuff to listen too. I am on the get cheap gear that scales up well mode.

Love the old stuff, Miguel - lots of bang for the buck, and most is well made and cool looking to boot.

Per your room booking readiness, you can go ahead and book a 1 br suite for $99 now, but if you want a 2 br for $129, wait till I give info for it. Should be final when I talk with them tomorrow.

Some of us may want to check out Square One Burgers. I've never been but it looks like it could be good. It's about 2 miles from the hotel/ccb.

Forgot about that place completely. It had been on my list for a while but I never managed to check it out. Reviews were good from what I remember. At this point my favorite burger in town still resides at Ella's (Americana Folk Art Cafe).

x2

Love the old stuff, Miguel - lots of bang for the buck, and most is well made and cool looking to boot.

Per your room booking readiness, you can go ahead and book a 1 br suite for $99 now, but if you want a 2 br for $129, wait till I give info for it. Should be final when I talk with them tomorrow.

I will wait for the 2 br suite at $129. For those with AAA memberships the 1 br suite can be had for $94.

Ok, people, Im back from Nicaragua.

As for this trip, I will be driving up and, as usual, can provide shuttle service at will. Not a problem at all. I will have to work that Friday though, but I'll see what can be done (no promises on friday morning, but I will be there for the weekend).

I will book a room once I know if I will be there friday or not. Anyone can crash in, I don't care.

I'll just take the BA if enough people want to listen to it... if anyone does, lemme know. It is PX-4/300B tube build. I have PX4 tubes.

BA will be there. Also, Friday, two people from my dept are out, so it will even be a heavier day than usual. I will be there very late Friday night.

I imagine most are arriving Friday at the airport, but if anyone needs a lift on Saturday morning, I'm at your service (needless to say, shuttling anyone/all back to airport for departure is not a burden. My pleasure).

I will reserve a room later today when I get home from work, for Friday/Sat/Sunday, with checkout Sunday afternoon.

It looks like some of the travel team will be able to enjoy Free WiFi on their flights (Delta, AirTran and Virgin America)!

Free WiFi from Google Chrome

Google Gives Free Wi-Fi to Holiday Travelers | Epicenter*| Wired.com

Thank's Google Chrome!

And Virgin America have extended/another sale to MCO if you book by Nov 15th - So you have another week to make up your mind / book your direct flight from the west coast.

Flights To Orlando (MCO) & Airfare | Virgin America

Ok, so I said the final details for room reservations would be in place today. Just passing on what I was told, but not to be. In the old days, I could walk into a place, say I knew Vinnie from Queens, tell the person what I needed, and, poof, done. Not today ... we got Vinnie's kids in charge, and it's send me an email this, tweet me that, or post on my FaceBook wall ... wtf?

Bottom line, Vinnie's cute daughter, Sarah, who is taking care of me (not that way, jeez, you're all pigs), was out sick today, so nothing sealed, signed, and delivered. I talked with Vinnie himself, and all is cool, but he says, let the kid do the deal.

So, this is what we got:

- Hotel is Tampa Airport Hotel: Hotel in Tampa Florida near International and Westshore Mall

- $129 for two bedroom suite.

- $94 for one bedroom or studio suite ($5 less then original - Vinnie felt bad the kid was sick today)

They will have online and/or phone registration for Head Case starting tomorrow. As soon as I have details, they will be posted in this thread..

Folks, this is going to be an awesome meet. If you can find a way to come, do so, so you can say you were at TamJam'10. Your children and grandchildren will thank you when they learn you were there.