Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene

agile_one

At the moment I am coming up Thursday night but may change, if I can change something I have on Monday, to arriving Friday (around 9 pm) and staying Monday night instead. If I stay with my current plan for Thursday night arrival, I might prefer a trip to Skippers over Berns. Not certain yet but that's how I am leaning.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike ... keep us informed. If you aren't here in time for Bern's Fri (making 8:00 reservation), then we'll need some other 2nd driver or cab, as my car accommodates 5. Skippers is very tempting, so if you bail on Bern's, that's ok too. I'll still do Bern's because it is a special place, and very "Tampa" (as is Skippers), so good for out of towners to experience.

From a quick perusal of this thread, I think we have the following for Bern's on Friday:

agile_one - driving, and can take 4 with me

Voltron

shellyh

Boomana

tyrion (maybe) - driving if coming

morphsci

VPI

Mexican Dragon ?? (Brent, please confirm)

Anyone I've missed?

We don't of course have to call Skipper's on Friday night a done deal. Other than people who definitely aren't going (Berns crew) and Mike, I haven't seen a lot of response to that suggestion. We can of course weigh options on Friday, with our DD"s like Grahame and Alex getting extra say.

Mike, wrong band, I think you're looking at the wrong date. Friday the 10th is Elliott Cohn's Cosmic Sweat Society.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

@Tyll - Great. Have a good time at JH. Maybe you could convince them to give me a pair of JH-13s or -16's or whatever so that I could do a comparo with my ES5s. :P See you Friday.

@Matt - I'm up for whatever on Friday. What you suggested sounded just fine. I'm still hoping for a trip to Ybor City some day or evening during the weekend.

If anyone still needs reservations for the meet, be advised that we need to make them by phone rather than online. I spoke with my rep there today, and the Marriott online system will not hold group rooms after 5 days before the event, so that's why online stopped working a few days ago.

They will still accept phone reservations at the property for our Head Case group rates of $94 for studio or 1 br suites, and $129 for 2 br suites. Phone # is: 813-877-7988. If you have any problems, our sales rep there is Sarah.

I get in at 11:45am on Friday at PIE. It's looking more like I'll need a ride. I have two friends (oddly enough, both named Kim) down there, but work schedules changed and now both working Friday, with one working morning (the chef). Was hoping to do lunch there (she recommended "Red Mesa", I believe). Alas @ lunch, but hopefully I'll get to meet up with her (and other Kim) at some point in the weekend.

I fly out Monday morning at 8am from PIE (Alex, early breakfast/send-off, right?)

**BRENT**