2010 RMAF/CJ@RMAF

Asr

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't look like I'll be there. Due to the Jewish holidays, our family program was rescheduled for Oct 13-15, and the likelihood of me being allowed to take Friday day off and find someone to cover my groups is pretty much an impossibility. :(

Edited by boomana
typo

It doesn't look like I'll be there. Due to the Jewish holidays, our family program was rescheduled for Oct 13-15, and the likelihood of me being allowed to take Friday day off and find someone to cover my groups is pretty much an impossibility. :(

Maybe you could fly in late Friday and still be there for Saturday and Sunday? I wont be getting in till friday PM myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided not to unpack my main headphone rig after the Colorado meet, so I'm still mostly all packed up and ready to bring my gear to RMAF. Even without the PWD, ZDT and WES I'm enjoying all my music. I could sell all that stuff and buy one of my kids a year of college at CSU instead. If I narrowed my preferences down to only one flagship headphone I could almost get a second year squeezed in. Hmmm...

You mean one of the show guide booklets, Greg? Not sure I understand, you won't be coming this year? Could definitely pick up an extra to send to you if that's what you mean.

Yep, the show guide booklet, unfortunately I have way too many things going on here with no room for one more fun distraction. Thanks!

I hope one of the exhibitors is bringing the Merlins. Merlin is not in the list of attendees. I want to hear zMerlin, Salk and Amphion. I think Saturday will be all day auditioning speakers and some amps since I'm set source wise. I'm probably set all the way around but I am tempted by speakers at the moment, despite liking my Amphions

Expensive case and marketing or superior sound? Hmm, hard to figure which one to prefer...

All I can say is I felt the Metric Halo ULN- 8 was a step up from the Berkeley Alpha DAC, which I am not that impressed with sonically. While $4000 for the LIO- 8 and $6000 for the ULN- 8 is not chicken feed the way Mike and I and to a lesser degree Al use the unit as a DAC, Phono pre and system pre amp is goes from ouch to very reasonable.

The thing that sucks is I am now considering buying a pair of stereo mics for local recordings.

Oh and as for RMAF, this year is going to be jam packed as Marjorie the event organizer sold all vendor rooms out. We are also doing a raffle to draw attendees into the room. Now I just need to get going on table space and local rigs

apologies for the back to back posts (lack of coffee)