Netflix on Linux or XP Professional download

I decided to give my dad my partner's old laptop (Pentium M 1.6Ghz 1GB RAM). After erasing everything and reinstalling Windows XP Pro from the original disk, the computer kept crashing. I am guessing that it had something to do with some drivers. Instead of trying to fix it, I wiped the HD clean and installed Linux Mint on it. I figured that he could do everything on Linux that he needed.

So I get to my parents house today and find out that most of what my dad does on the computer is stream Netflix movies. :( As far as I can tell, you cannot stream Netflix with Linux (even with Moonlight). If there is a way, I would love to know.

My other option is to install Windows XP Professional back on it (or Windows 7). Unfortunately, both disks are in TX and I am in CA. Is there a way that I can download a version on the web that won't have viruses, etc. I figure that this is (should be) legal since the computer has a license for XP Pro, correct or no?

I also have a legal version of Windows 7 at home (bought a home premium 3 pack and only have it on one computer so far). I could take the laptop back home, install it and send it back but it would be better if I get it working from here. I am not sure if it would be better to run Windows 7 over Windows XP Pro on such an old computer. I am also assuming I cannot use the Windows XP Pro license to run Windows XP home, correct?

Thanks for any advice.