Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crunk - A cliched and overused hiphop term that has been beat to death more than "Bling-Bling" and "Shizzle". It means to get crazy and drunk. The term lost it's "cool" factor like two years ago, but that doesn't stop wiggers and wanna be gangstas from using the the term as much as possible.

Yo! We be all blinged out and getting crunk up in this club fo sho! (Translation: I'm a total fucking idiot, and don't know how stupid I sound!)

crunk - A cliched and overused hiphop term that has been beat to death more than "Bling-Bling" and "Shizzle". It means to get crazy and drunk. The term lost it's "cool" factor like two years ago, but that doesn't stop wiggers and wanna be gangstas from using the the term as much as possible.

Yo! We be all blinged out and getting crunk up in this club fo sho! (Translation: I'm a total fucking idiot, and don't know how stupid I sound!)

Crazy? Hm... Cronic?

Hmmm, Well I'm long past the 'Crunk' stage of my life, but in keeping with the new terminology I'd like to coin a new phrase for this stage of my life...

'SLUFFED'

Usage: Yo bitches, we all sluffed like a mofo, time ta get ho-izontail.

Translation: Now that I ate too much I'm really stuffed, and I feel very sleepy. Time to get some shut eye.

Ok, I have a confession to make. I got totally Sluffed last night, I'm not sure I even had a Crunk stage in my life, and I had to look up 'crunk' in the urban dictionary.

BUT, I'm pretty sure I have some George Clinton on vinyl to give away! Anyone else on the P-Funk Mothership before they got old and sluffed? No George Clinton, no modern rap!

Just because I don't get crunk doesn't mean I don't like my P-Funk! I was listening to Parliament back in the day, as well as other funk: early Commodores, AWB, Ohio Players and so on. I still have a pretty good collection of funk, and 'Flashlight' sounds pretty damn good on the β22/K1000.

It's nothing against vinyl, quite the contrary I love the sound of a good vinyl rig, but I just don't seem to take the time to go through the steps anymore. I find myself reaching for CDs 95% of the time, just because it's quicker. That and I just don't have the room for a vinyl collection.

Oddly enough though, I find myself wanting to build another turntable. It's just a fun build, but I'd need to have a commission before I do.

Edit: Not quick enough for Nate. What Thorens do you have Nate? Maybe I can build a table to raffle or give away, but it'll have to take it's place behind some other projects that have priority.

Edited by swt61

Edit: Not quick enough for Nate. What Thorens do you have Nate? Maybe I can build a table to raffle or give away, but it'll have to take it's place behind some other projects that have priority.

No worries Steve, in my current physical condition it'll be a little while before I can get into the storage closet so we've got time. It's a TD160, FWIW.

I can donate a 15 year old Audio Technica MM cartridge. I'd have to look up the model number. Might be a piece of crap though. Cost about $100 at the time, I think. I can also donate a Discwasher record cleaner and stylus cleaner. Never did buy a Zerostat, though.