The Live Music Thread

Thaddy

Got to see (again) my favorite band, The Chameleons.  My son joined me for this one.  Two of the original members, plus an extremely talented 3 other musicians.  This was the best I think I've seen them since the full group reunion in 2000/2001.  Just an amazing show, my son agreed.  They had incorporated some keyboards into some of their music, and usually didn't tour with a keyboard player.  This time they did, and it added a great extra layer of sound/ambience to many of the songs.

Interesting tidbit more for local music fans: the second opener was a band called Lovina Falls.  The singer was the lead singer of a 90's dream-pop type band in Boston called Mistle Thrush; I have a couple of their CD's.  I was today years old when I found out the current Chameleons drummer was the drummer for Mistle Thrush!  Spoke to the lead singer about it after the show, she couldn't stop praising him; and was so happy to open for the Chameleons - she's apparently a good fan.

Lovina Falls and Chameleons

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_4806.jpg

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...