ATH-ESW9 Repair?

The Monkey

Hmmm. The plastic thingee pivots around the brass part, right?

It actually doesn't. I remains fixed and the earcup portion turns within that part of the plastic collar.

curious as to how it happened...

headbanging again?

Some krazy glue would do it, tho you may need to unscrew a screw or two to attach the two pieces back together snugly. You'd know better than me.

Just be careful when swiveling the earcup after the repair. (..and when headbanging)

Just trying to put them on. I guess I'm very very strong.

I had been hoping to listen to Absorbine_Sr's at Chiunifi last weekend, but his had done the same thing. He said he has super-glued them a couple of times. I wonder if a good two part epoxy might work better? I would agree with Nate that replacement parts would be what I would do as well.

Surprised they made these out of plastic like that on a ~$250 phone :chair:

Yes, a glob of epoxy will fix that, and probably make it stronger than it was to begin with. But, use a 24 hour epoxy -- not one of those quick set types. Also, don't be tempted by the Gorilla glue as it expands as it cures. Finally, get a small clamp to hold it while it sets -- it will need to be held firmly for a long time (hours) to make a good bond.

Superglue gets rather warm as it sets. Dont ask how I found that one out. :palm:

If it was anything like my experience you had a bottle of it in your pocket and had it open up while sitting. The burn, plus the pain upon standing was an experience (TMI excluded here). It also causes clothes to eventually disintegrate I have found.

Actually no. I use superglue when I get minor cuts on my hands and stuff, and was trying to glue a cut on the outer part of it, using regular non-gel superglue. Awkward position, and I managed to spill most of the bottle over the palm of my hand, and spent the next four hours trying to get it off. Palm was completely covered, and fairly deep too.