ChiUniFi 3 - November 7th, 2009

Aura

Hey folks, in just over a month Billy (bhd812) along with the rest of the CanJam 2010 organizing crew will be hosting the third annual ChiUniFi headphone meet at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago, IL.

This is the same venue that will be used for CanJam 2010 in Chicago, so this year may feel more like a test run for the big event next summer. We currently have two separate rooms reserved for this meet, will follow up with more details in the coming days.

~~~

To sum it up:

• Date: November 7th

• Time: 11 AM - 5PM (subject to change ;))

• Place: Hyatt Regency O'Hare

• Fee: We don't have one

• Recommendations on what to bring: HC'ers don't need this

~~~

HF thread.

Be there or be square, bitches.

Hey folks, in just over a month Billy (bhd812) along with the rest of the CanJam 2010 organizing crew will be hosting the third annual ChiUniFi headphone meet at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago, IL.

This is the same venue that will be used for CanJam 2010 in Chicago, so this year may feel more like a test run for the big event next summer. We currently have two separate rooms reserved for this meet, will follow up with more details in the coming days.

~~~

To sum it up:

• Date: November 7th

• Time: 11 AM - 5PM (subject to change ;))

• Place: Hyatt Regency O'Hare

• Fee: We don't have one

• Recommendations on what to bring: HC'ers don't need this Whisk(e)y

~~~

HF thread.

Be there or be square, bitches.

FTFY

The travel plans have been made and I'm going to be there. Looking forward to meeting the Chicago contingent for the first time. :)

May be bringing more than my transportable laptop setup, who can I ship stuff to that can also ship back to me? Not sure yet what the extra gear will be but it might just be either my BHSE or something else high-end. (So the boxes I'd send will be moderately-sized - not huge, but they'd need plenty of space in a car - or preferrably something more like an SUV or truck.)

The travel plans have been made and I'm going to be there. Looking forward to meeting the Chicago contingent for the first time. :)

You've actually met at least one of us and most likely two of us already ;)

May be bringing more than my transportable laptop setup, who can I ship stuff to that can also ship back to me? Not sure yet what the extra gear will be but it might just be either my BHSE or something else high-end. (So the boxes I'd send will be moderately-sized - not huge, but they'd need plenty of space in a car - or preferrably something more like an SUV or truck.)

Well if nobody else volunteers I can drive it up as I have a pickmeuptruck as well as two fucking huge pelican cases to keep things nice and dry and secure. The only monkey in the wrench is that I will not be there exceptionally early on Saturday. I am about 3 hours south of Chicago (if I drive like a maniac) and we will be seeing Neko Case on Friday evening, so I will definitely have some parental suties Saturday morning. Just let me know.

Woo hoo! PM me Steve I should be able to act as your shipping proxy. It will be a pleasure to meet you.

EDIT: Did not read Jim's post - he would be the #1 option because of his truck and pelican cases, so NM.

Edited by recstar24

You've actually met at least one of us and most likely two of us already ;)

Well if nobody else volunteers I can drive it up as I have a pickmeuptruck as well as two fucking huge pelican cases to keep things nice and dry and secure. The only monkey in the wrench is that I will not be there exceptionally early on Saturday. I am about 3 hours south of Chicago (if I drive like a maniac) and we will be seeing Neko Case on Friday evening, so I will definitely have some parental suties Saturday morning. Just let me know.

Well I have met Billy and just met Audio Addict last weekend. Oh and you at CanJam 09, so that makes three. ;) And thanks, I might take you up on your offer though I'm still deciding what extra gear to bring, if any. On a related note, anyone have any experience shipping stuff to and from a hotel for a meet? That might be a viable alternative I hadn't previously considered.

Well I have met Billy and just met Audio Addict last weekend. Oh and you at CanJam 09, so that makes three. ;) And thanks, I might take you up on your offer though I'm still deciding what extra gear to bring, if any. On a related note, anyone have any experience shipping stuff to and from a hotel for a meet? That might be a viable alternative I hadn't previously considered.

The hotel will accept shipments, but according to our canjam contract they charge you based on weight and how long they store it for, it may be different for chiunifi but I am sure its the same. Also, their workers would be handling your stuff, which I am not sure if your comfortable with that. Jim and I would just oogle over it but we for sure would take care of it.

The hotel will accept shipments, but according to our canjam contract they charge you based on weight and how long they store it for, it may be different for chiunifi but I am sure its the same. Also, their workers would be handling your stuff, which I am not sure if your comfortable with that. Jim and I would just oogle over it but we for sure would take care of it.

Good info, thanks. Probably won't be shipping to the hotel then.

Hey Duggeh... LMK a date you're good for another trip and I'll set up MexiCanJam in the greater Chattanooga area.

Hmmm... Chicago, eh? That's on I75, right?

**BRENT**

My next trip will be Chicago. I'd have time for one in January but I'm already booked to go to Eigg.

Decided against bringing the stat gear due to various factors, so here's what I'll have instead:

- laptop PC (with even moar music) > Ayre QB-9 > Woo Audio WA22 > balanced Qualia 010, HP1000/HP2, AD2000, and K701

- if there's a use for them anywhere, I can also bring my Pico DAC/amp and/or Gilmore Lite

I would like to send my stuff in 3 boxes (one for QB-9, one for WA22, one for headphones). None will be big or heavy so they'll be easy to transport and will fit in a car. Since morphsci said he won't be there early on meet day, who wants to take receipt of the boxes between recstar and Pars? (or maybe even Aura?) (oh and I won't mind if the recipient wants to open any of the boxes to try something out, as long as it's properly re-packed)

Here's an update on the current attendee list for anyone interested:

1. falkon72

2. jvlgato

3. Aura

4. recstar24

5. bhd812 + mom

6. skylab

7. Slytown

8. Absorbine_Sr

9. Morphsci

10. Todd R

11. Asr

12. Pars

13. Keithpgdrb

14. Audio_Addict

15. Fraggler

16. Birchre

17. Eagle Driver possibly

18. JP#'s maybe

~~~

Steve - I'm gonna to ride up with Falkon for the meet, I'll check with him if he thinks there'll be room for extra boxes. If the other guys don't think they'll be able to take receipt of your packages and I can fit them for the ride, I'll be glad to help you out. Lmk.

• 2 weeks later...

One more bump for attendee list.

1. falkon72

2. jvlgato

3. Aura

4. recstar24

5. bhd812 + mom

6. skylab

7. Slytown

8. Absorbine_Sr

9. Morphsci

10. Todd R