Apple Tablet

Love mine. It's precisely the go between I have been looking for. I carry all my various reference docs around to meetings and can do light note-taking as well. Web access is good and I can even get around our sharepoint lists. it would be nice to add the ability to give and create presentations, but it looks from the reviews that Keynote needs some work.

Other than that.. around home, it's great. Great for watching Netflix when I build, great for casual gaming. Overall a joy to use. People joke and jab about how it doesn't do anything a laptop or netbook can't do, and they're right. But I have a hell of a lot more fun doing those things with the iPad.

Finally gave up and bought a Belkin Pleat Sleeve for the ipad (they were out of the Belkin Vue and Grip sleeves at amazon). I still am going to get the Apple case when they are back in stock. I just got tired of carrying the ipad in a pillow case. Does anyone know if the Belkin case will hold the Apple case (with the ipad inside)?

I haven't used my notebook, other than for work, since the iPad arrived. I am able to watch movies off my mini in my music room using Air Video, chat on HC using iteleport, the wifi issue pops up only on occasion and a simple reboot takes care of it. I could not be more happy.

I was able to JB my wife's old 3G iPhone that had 3.1.3, which was not able to be JB but apparently there was a work around. If it remains stable I may upgrade my phone to 3.1.2 so I will have mms messaging with the ultimate goal of restoring it back to factory specs when 4.0 is released. I will have the other phone to use as with MyFi for 3G tethering.

I took my 3GS with 3.0.1 / 4.26 baseband to a jail broken 3.1.2 with same baseband (can be unlocked), using the iClarified instructions and PWNageTool 3.1.5 where I customized the iPhone ipsw that they linked to in the tutorial. I am using MyWi right now to connect my iPad and type this. I did have to restore my network settings on the iphone to get everything to play nice, but I am happy.

Apologies to the international folks, you're fooked.

Apple Delays iPad Global Deliveries -- Apple iPad -- InformationWeek

Aargh. I feel a cross-border shopping trip coming on. I'd really like to get my hands on one of these as a possible sub for my aging MB, which I'm basically using as a media centre and occasional notepad. The iPad is beginning to look like a decent value beside the revamped MBPs and that IPS screen looks absolutely gorgeous.

Dan, I just saw that. What does it mean? Would that include USB DACses or is it input only?

EDIT: Moar here: http://lists.apple.com/archives/coreaudio-api/2010/Apr/msg00124.html

I still don't quite understand, but there's something in the link above about supporting 24/96 down the road. Not sure exactly what that means, though.

Edited by The Monkey