Apple Tablet

I could pass on the mathematica but not being able to tex on it is a bit of hold-off for me.

Apparently there is a team working on porting a compiler across to the iphone so there may be some good news in the future considering they are the same os and all.

That would be pretty interesting.

Can't you use the MBP as a server not just for your music, but for all your software, with the iPad used as a VNC? That's what I hope to do with my laptop PC, using Morphsci's recommended Jaadu. But this is all new to me, so maybe I'm missing something?

If something like this worked flawlessly, that would be nice.

That would be pretty interesting.

If something like this worked flawlessly, that would be nice.

You should try it out if you have an iPhone/touch. Works well once you get all the desktop servers working. That was not a problem and now I have access to all data and programs and it is essentially platform independent. The upside is I get more done and have had more time to goof off.

Sent from the cloud with TapaTalk

Can the server be mobile, as long as it is in range of a network? Can I bring my laptop, which will function as the server, to either my home (wifi) or office (ethernet), and can I still access it by using the client iPad/iTouch/iPhone? And also have access to multiple servers?

Unfortunately, no iphone/touch. Just got a Mac mini. Now I just need an ipad to control my MBP, Mac mini and Mac Pro in the office. :palm:

I was just asking about the touch/iphone as you could then see how Jaadu VNC worked for you. It should work fine with what you say you are running.

Can the server be mobile, as long as it is in range of a network? Can I bring my laptop, which will function as the server, to either my home (wifi) or office (ethernet), and can I still access it by using the client iPad/iTouch/iPhone? And also have access to multiple servers?

Yep, as long as they are running some VNC server software it should work fine.