Ye Macce Threade

OK, thanks Dan. So I will go with 8GB RAM over 2.2Ghz processor.

Do you think the 256GB SSD is just completely overpriced and I should stick with the 128GB?

By the way, does opening up the Unibody Macs and installing a new HD/RAM void the warranty? I suspect it does.

Not unless you break something when you're doing it. By law you're allowed to modify things without voiding the warranty except where they can prove you caused the problem

Well, I don't have an unlimited amount of computer money... we are a university not a law firm. ;)

Ordered the 15" 2.0Ghz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Antiglare HR display, 3yr Applecare, and 1 day shipping. Figure that I will try to be good and not put a bunch of stuff that I don't need on the HD. :) If I run low on room, I guess I will just get or have Apple install a new SSD HD when they are even cheaper. In the past I have loaded up the drive with music/pictures but since I keep these on separate HDs now it shouldn't be a problem I think.

Can't wait to get it!!!

Edited by shellylh

are thunderbolt - vga/dvi cables available in some secret corner of the website? i cant find it anywhere.

To quote Wired:

Thunderbolt plugs have the same shape as the Mini DisplayPort connectors in all recent Macs, and it’s compatible with them, so you can plug an older monitor into a new Thunderbolt port (even using a DVI, HDMI or VGA adapter) and it will still work. You won’t have a data channel, but the video connection will function.

Anyone ever bought a used Mac laptop on eBay? I've long tinkered with the notion of having a laptop to play around with (web browsing in the den and on the road, homework, etc) ever since my old HP died 4 years ago, and recently I thought about buying previous generation Mac stuff used. With the new MBPs out I figure the market should be flooded soon with older MBPs. Is there a better outlet then eBay?