Ye Macce Threade

If the Verge is correct about hardware requirements, out of my iPhone (14 Pro Max), Watch, two iPads, and two MacBooks (one personal, one work), only work laptop will get AI. 😶

Edited by blessingx

5 minutes ago, blessingx said:

If the Verge is correct about hardware requirements, out of my iPhone (14 Pro Max), Watch, two iPads, and two MacBooks (one personal, one work), only work laptop will get AI. 😶

Easy solution

"Buy your mom an AI"

- Tim Apple

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

The fact that Apple is still selling machines with 8GB of memory (that can't be upgraded) in 2024 is as insane as it is irritating.  I took my eyes off my mum's 84 year old friend for two days (after telling her to get an Air with 24GB) and she shows up with an 8GB model.  There's a guy on the MV stuff for sale hawking a new in box M1 Air ...with 8GB.

I refuse to have anything to do with a Mac that has less RAM than the GPU in my Wintendo.

8Fc33Fk.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

• 1 month later...

Recently bricked my M2 MacBook Air by the simple expedient of drunkenly spilling bourbon into the keyboard. Luckily I had AppleCare coverage and just told them it suddenly stopped working and they were like whatever just send it back and get an M3, which I did. It has 24 GB of RAM and gotta say, it's snappy. 

Both kids are still on iPhone 13s and will get an upgrade to 16s. I like my 15 Pro Max just fine so I'll probably stand pat.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

Recently bricked my M2 MacBook Air by the simple expedient of drunkenly spilling bourbon into the keyboard. Luckily I had AppleCare coverage and just told them it suddenly stopped working.

Apple "Creative Professional" right there.