Ye Macce Threade

Still making incorrect assumptions, Dan. 

Even though I was no where close to the old 250gb limit (used up 132gb in the last 30 days), constantly streaming lectures which aren't even in HD seemed to set them off. I don't see any other reason as the hackintosh sees no torrent data. None of the other computers do either since there isn't any. 

Wish I had time to watch stuff that would need to be torrented =/ The seedbox was an unnecessary expense and was gotten rid of a long time ago.

Edited by crappyjones123

My son's 2012 15" Retina Macbook Pro developed the GPU Panic issue and is being totally refurbished by Apple under the 3 yr Apple Care warranty, but they would have fixed the GPU issue with just a new logic board even wthout the extended warranty.

I didn't know the issue affected our rMBP until after I'd backed it up two 2 disks and restored OS X six times over a 24 hour period, and it kept crashing.  A light bulb went off that said "hardware" and I made a genius appointment.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Should be an interesting WWDC this morning. I'll have it streaming to my phone.

I'm worried that any Apple streaming music service will be dead on arrival. I have no idea what advantages they could really have over their competitors other than competing on price. Also, I can't really say that there is a big customer base interested in streaming music whose needs aren't being met. I'll be interested to see what Tim Cook and co. have to say.

I finally got tired of all the upgrade to Yosemite messages and stupidly upgraded my Macbook Air the other day.  The battery life is now ridiculous after having been great for years.  I unplugged this morning and it went from 99% to 18% in an hour.  I am sure there is information out there on why this is so fucked up, but do you guys know how to turn shit off or change settings so that I can use my laptop as it is intended to be used?

Mid-2011 model according to "about this mac."  I would say I got much more than 3.5 hours in the past but I just didn't have to think about it much.  I posted what happened this morning and the other night watching hockey I had the computer open and sitting there and the next time I looked it was drained and shut down.  

• 1 month later...