Ye Macce Threade

I use the Expert Mouse at home. It's the only trackball I've been able to use for any length of time.

You may only want to consider the Vertical Mouse, though it also isn't wireless. Have had for a while, but use others for more exacting work.

http://www.evoluent.com

The Apple Magic Mouse burns through batteries so quickly (even if turned off at end of every day) I can't recommend. Did surprisingly get used to its flatness/positioning though.

Edited by blessingx

I use the Expert Mouse at home. It's the only trackball I've been able to use for any length of time.

You may only want to consider the Vertical Mouse, though it also isn't wireless. Have had for a while, but use others for more exacting work.

http://www.evoluent.com

The Apple Magic Mouse burns through batteries so quickly (even if turned off at end of every day) I can't recommend. Did surprisingly get used to its flatness/positioning though.

Vertical Mouse have both good ol' wireless as well as Bluetooth models.  Though from what I've read, the wireless/Bluetooth connections are less than reliable (one of the reasons I didn't end up getting one).

The Magic Trackpad also burns through batteries rather quickly, though I still like using it when I'm not using my trackballs.

You all don't use rechargeable batteries in your wireless keyboards and mice?  I do.  Logitech M570 lasts _forever_ on a single charge.  I still hate that it doesn't come in a wired version.  In fact, I just wrote to them about it last week (again), after opening up two of my Trackman Wheels, cleaning them out, getting the left and right click buttons working again, but not the scroll wheel (...entirely -- one only goes up, the other only goes down).

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like this Apple acquiring Beats is really a thing and not just somebody's late April Fools joke.

Gotta say, Tim Cook-lead Apple has gone more or less how I thought it would go. IMO their execution on the existing hardware lines (iPads, iPhones, Laptops, Mac Pro) has been spectacular. Samsung and HTC have made big strides, but as of the date of the launches the Apple hardware is industry leading. Tim seems like a CEO who would be masterful at handling iterative hardware with his operations backgrounds and so far he has been.

It's the new product lines I'm worried about. iTunes Radio seems to have been a failure. I liked IOS7, but I wonder how much of that was just Ive being Ive rather than being directed by others. Tim just does not seem like an idea man to me.

But Beats? Come on, Apple! Isn't the streaming music marketplace already saturated enough? This does not seem like a good idea to me.

But Beats? Come on, Apple! Isn't the streaming music marketplace already saturated enough? This does not seem like a good idea to me.

If Beats is replacing MOG and Apple buys Beats aren't the number of streaming players exactly the same?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My trusty old iMac bit it hard today. Took it in to the local indie reseller/tech but not optimistic. Also not a great time as we move in a month and I don't want to 1) replace in SA where they're very expensive or 2) replace right before the rumored Retina models come out. So 3) balls.

Edited by Hopstretch

Stretch, having just received two Pros at work, I can I objectively state it would look best in your new pad. Wouldn't screw up visuals with a mouse or monitor attached though. Just VNC through phone.

Edited by blessingx