Ye Macce Threade

I have two different sized monitors, and they're vertically stacked:

3105082527_55a348c939.jpg

(Old pic is old. I really need to take a new one.)

That said, they're much smaller than what Dusty is using. Sometime Real Soon Now I'm buying a Mac desktop, and will then be tasked with buying a new monitor. I do like the two-smaller-monitors paradigm vs. one big one. I find the Apple 30" difficult to use. It's so damn big I have to sit farther away than normal, which means jacking up the font sizes. I also lose track of the pointer sometimes.

I should point out that there's a reason some people pay a premium for Apple displays, and it's not so the little logos match. For video and still frame editors, proper gamma and color accuracy are essential. Even with the user of a monitor sucker fish, it can be difficult or impossible to get many LCD panels to behave properly. Of course what srs bsns pros (and amateurs with srsly deep pockets) use isn't AAPL, it's Eizo.

Really tho, it doesn't really matter who apple sources their displays from, if they're pickier about what they get than the OEM is about what they sell to the public. It's not like you can go spend 1/3 as much and get the same quality display (unless you get VERY VERY lucky)

It really would be cool. Claire likes the iTunes store and I refuse to use it. If there was an option of hi-rez I would definitely buy stuff there.

X2. I've not bought a single music download from iTunes. I'd be very interested in an HD download store that had great selection and convenience!

just found out that osx doesnt natively write to ntfs partitions. it is not possible for me to convert file systems to fat as about half my files are over 4gb. i did just find a few software fixes to get around the whole write issue. can anyone comment on the performance of these software fixes (write speeds with the fix vs write speeds on windows). are there any file systems that work for both operating systems? i am trying to make a final decision between a mba and mbp. just found out about parallels so wont really NEED a pc to run annoying math programs. vmware vs parallels? are there any nice (free, i still use dev c++) ide's for c++ for macs? i am assuming people do program on macs.

edit: bloody fuck on a stick. 8gb ram for macs is some $400. i dont know how much of a memory hog osx is but will i run into any issues with osx and windows 7 running together with parallels or vmware? currently have 8gb in my thinkpad and nothing that i use software wise pages out.

Edited by crappyjones123