Ye Macce Threade

I want to copy some ALAC and AIFF files from a Mac OS external HD onto a NTFS HD which I will connect to my MS desktop/iTunes at the office. When I tried to move Aiff files from the Mac HD to the NTFS HD via my Mac mini, I couldn't seem to be able to transfer any files. I tried to drag and drop but it wouldn't work. Do I need use my MS desktop as the interface to move the files from the Mac HD to the NTFS HD? I did a Apple search for this transfer problem but couldn't resolve this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a refurb mac mini! This will replace an old Pentium 4 Win XP PC that's just gotten too slow and frustrating.

Basic specs:RFB MAC MINI 2.26/2X1G/160/SD/AP/BT-USA

I'm wondering if my RAM memory is adequate? I will be using it in a very small one person office setting - word processing, web browsing, calendar, contacts, no video or photo editing. But I will also run Windows XP via Parallels for medical billing/accounting software and a VPN client to access a hospital network, that I must keep.

Close enough to give it a go? Or should I avoid the frustration, and go up to 3 or 4 GB RAM right now?

Thanks!

Fortunately, I have my iPad with iteleport so I was able to access my mini at home (I love the iPad). It was the last model before the recent upgrade but the lower model:

2 Ghz Core 2 Duo

1 GB RAM (I know, should have more)

120 GB hard drive (says 111.47 GB, so I assume 120 GB)

Sounds like I need at least 3GB RAM for Parallels, maybe 4GB?

I thought about the new mini, but all the cool new features will sit there unused in my office. This will be used to access the web, do word processing, and basic accounting. I went the cheapskate route and plan to use the savings to buy the stuff I need to keep my 'have no choice' legacy Windows programs.

• 2 weeks later...
has Safari 5 been crashing a lot for anybody else? seemed to start around the time i installed 10.6.4, on two of my Macs, but my work Mac runs 10.5, and i've started having a lot of crashes with it, as well.

Not "a lot" per se, but definitely wee bit more than Safari 4. Usually happens with Java-related stuff for me.

Not "a lot" per se, but definitely wee bit more than Safari 4. Usually happens with Java-related stuff for me.

Since I posted this on Thursday, Safari has been crashing at least twice a day on both of my Macs. I've had extensions enabled/installed on both, so I disabled them earlier today and it seems to be doing better now.

• 3 weeks later...
i see a magic trackpad in my immediate future.

x2, especially since it allows for secondary/right clicking without using a keyboard.

Also - paging Dr. Knuckles, paging Dr. Knuckles. Your updated cheese grater is ready for you.

Apple - Mac Pro - Now up to 12 cores of processing power.

Edited by Salt Peanuts
Typos

I think I may give one of these a try in my office.

Now that I have DSL, I finally connected my Airport Extreme. I was able to carry the signal a couple of houses away while walking the dogs this morning. I may not need the Airport Express to extend the network to the backyard which is good as I can't get my computer to find it.