JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Wow, your set of headphones look awesome Vicki! Most of the custom art I see looks really cheap and pixelated but the artwork turned out beautifully on yours. Mother of pearl faceplaces definately make everything look first class!

Edited by monsieurguzel

JP, mind if I ask how you figured out the 192/96 discrepancy? My brain is cloudy, but I seem to remember a year ago this spec went back and forth. Wonder if it does 88.2?

In speaking with JH the conversion specs came up, I think it will do 88.2 but I'm not sure. Audirvana does convert my higher res files to the correct downsampled rated. I just need work on my SPDIF adapter and I can order the Halide and check it out with higher res files.

Bass is really sick out of this, think very high quality sub woofer. When you get it play some organ music or Time by Pink Floyd the into after the alarms has really deep bass that I have never heard reproduced quite so well. Stereo separation is phenomenal and dynamics are stunning but vocal swells can be tough, think Norah Jones. Overall a major breakthrough in my eyes and big step up from the 13s.

The few nit picks I have is the gain as I am plenty loud at 9 o'clock on the amp and it would have been totally cool to have two sound set ups on for a warmish sound with a 2 db rise from say 100hz to about 400hz or so and a dip at around 7khz and this flatter response. It is great as it is though and it would likely be too complicated to enact. The volume/gain can be programed by JH if desired.

Edited by jp11801

Vicki, those look awesome! The mother of pearl layered on the blue monitors really sets them off nicely.

Since I stole the idea from you, I'm glad you approve.

They look even better in person, and I got lucky again with a perfect fit. I'm sneak listening for a couple minutes right now, and all I can say is that I'm really glad I waited. It sounds wonderful, though I do agree with John about the gain. I've got it at around 7 and it's plenty loud, though really not a big deal. I couldn't be happier right now.

How did the artwork turn out this time, Vicki? They look really rough/jagged on the edges on the Facebook pics, was hoping it was just bad compression/resize for the online pic.

The original art has very very very smooth edges, in fact they were given vector files to begin with.

Ed, if I got out a magnifying glass, the edges would look a bit ragged, but to the naked eye, it looks good. I'm pleased.

I'm a wee bit frustrated as I have a cold right now, and my ears and nose are stuffy. Hoping things clear up fast so I can actually give this a good listen this weekend.

Does anyone here think it wont be a waste of my money to have my current JH13 converted to the JH3A, since JHA is recommending that JH16 make a better foundation to build on? Even spending the money on the upgrade is pushing the budget, so a new complete JH3A/16 is out of the question. I was thinking it might even make more sense to just pair a new AlgoRythm Solo with Pico Slim and use the std JH13Pro a bit longer.