JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I haven't decided. I go back and forth with just getting the cheapest thing they offer and seeing how I like it and going all out. I've never owned a custom so I'm a bit leery... The price differential is enough that buying the JH5 and upgrading down the line to the JH13, assuming I get nothing for the JH5 is still okay in my book.

I've stated this many times already, but I wouldn't want more bass than what the JH13 offers. So unless you're into hip-hop/club music and other genres that demand a bass boost, I'm not sure the JH16 would be a good choice, at least for the music I listen to.

I've stated this many times already, but I wouldn't want more bass than what the JH13 offers. So unless you're into hip-hop/club music and other genres that demand a bass boost, I'm not sure the JH16 would be a good choice, at least for the music I listen to.

I agree. On some tracks I almost wish the bass was tamed down just a bit. More I think would be over kill.

As for the JH13 being the end all be all, for me (Randy Jackson) I still think I want a top end tradition headphone because I don't always want to jam something in my ear.

In my case, I like big bass because sometimes it helps to loosen the sinuses.

yeah, I dunno... I just don't know if I'll like the IEM experience enough to warrant that sort of cash. Like I said, I'm happy with throwing away money and upgrading down the line, because that implies that the IEM thing is a viable option. That's preferable to spending more money on something and never using it, or hating to use it, or not liking the sound, etc.

Those are the famous last words before pressing the 'order' button. :P

EDIT: keep in mind that there might be a good promotion around the time of CanJam.

That's what I'm hoping for, I won't be able to afford to even think about ordering much before then anyway.

There hasnt been to many that were resold but I think you could get around 700-900

I don't think so, probably a bit closer to half price based on the sale of multiple customs I watched earlier in the year.

Marc, if you feel like you need a trial of customs in general to make sure there something you could live with (and I fully endorse that plan) I'd skew even cheaper than the JH5s. I think you can get better bang/buck out of other companies at the low end or by taking existing IEMs and getting them reshelled into customs.

To anyone on the fence about these things, I really have to say go for it. Especially if/when JHA runs one of their discounts. I know I've been a bit reserved in my praise for these things, but they are game-changing transcendent phones that belong up there with the best. All that and they still sound fun. They ain't cheap, but I'm pretty confident that among this group, they're worth it.