Go figure

grawk

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's better then the G08 but not by much. It was a bit shocking when I hooked up the Sony DAS-R1 for the first time and heard just how much better it was compared to the G08. Sure, the Meridian had a bit more extension but it made an utter mess of the rest. 1987 tech FTW! :)

I find the 508.24 a real genuine improvement over the G08. Having owned them both at the same time and able to compare both leads me to strongly believe of the 508.24's superiority. You hear it in the bass, the 508.24 has real balls but also just a more organic presentation than what you hear with the G08. The G08 (+ G07) was my 1st real player and I was startled by the detail and openness of the sound, but when I "downgraded" to the 508.24 I was really quite surprised to actually have acheived a more ideal source.

The volume knob on ray's new piece of crap

Why so mean ? Why do a lot of people like his amps if they are "pieces of crap" ? Do we are all fool ?

I actually don't like much RSA's amp because they are overpriced for what is inside but for many they "sound great".

PS: I'm trying to understnad things, not insulting anyone.

How can it be mean when it is the truth? Just look at the PCB and tell me that the amp is any better then all the other basic chip amps being sold? RSA products are badly designed (even dangerously so) and overpriced but he's no Rudistor, I'll give him that... :palm:

Why so mean ? Why do a lot of people like his amps if they are "pieces of crap" ? Do we are all fool ?

I actually don't like much RSA's amp because they are overpriced for what is inside but for many they "sound great".

PS: I'm trying to understnad things, not insulting anyone.

Not mean at all. As long as ray continues to paint his chips and lie to people about

what is inside, i'm going to do my best to spread the truth. Ray is using a 7 year

old chip. Why? because the word firmware does not seem to have entered his

vocabulary yet.

How about the fact that ray still does not understand how to safely charge lithium-ion

batteries.

And yes, many of ray's fanboys are fools. :D

Not mean at all. As long as ray continues to paint his chips and lie to people about

Wow. I think your point of vue is clear now. I didn't know he lied about it, he just does not tell what is inside basically it is not a lie (but it is not very fair).

By the way how do you know his designs are dangerous ? We don't know what they are because it is the whole idea of Ray.

Oh and thanks for answering me :).

Wow. I think your point of vue is clear now. I didn't know he lied about it, he just does not tell what is inside basically it is not a lie (but it is not very fair).

By the way how do you know his designs are dangerous ? We don't know what they are because it is the whole idea of Ray.

Oh and thanks for answering me :).

Its possible to get past the mil-spec red nail polish that Ray uses to mask his work. Rather then grind down the IC and use a microscope, KG has access to x-ray and many other high price tag items to do research with as an Electrical Engineer in the Chemistry department at Northwestern University, but he could probably figure it out with only his knowledge of circuits with some certainty. He has built many professional amps (ever hear of the Gilmore Lite or KGSS) with fully released documentation and has a high level of knowledge in that area.

See here for a source you might trust: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/who-kevin-gilmore-197035/

I know who Kevin Gilmore is ! He designed almost all headamp products (I don't know for AE-2 and pico though), the dynahi and lots of others I don't know.

I am trying to make a dynalo these days, it seems to be a cool amp and I like the way he designed it (no capacitors).

There really are only 2 good analog pots in the entire world. RK50 and

P&G. Both seem way to big for a portable. Digital attenuators are going

to be the only way to assure accurate volume tracking over a wide range.

Justin has decided to use a mono analog pot and a microcontroller to digitally

emulate a stereo pot. With perfect tracking and very wide range. Should he

want to, it would be easy to replace the knob with an apple style touch

slider.

Ray has decided to use the 3 position alps switch and no micro to do the same

thing. Some people are not going to like the up/down button version.

Ray blew it, because for a few cents more he could have integrated balance into

that switch. But i really don't need to give ray ideas. :D

Edited by kevin gilmore