Krell Studio DAC

Tachikoma

That Sony makes me drool every time I see it. It's too bad it makes absolutely no sense for me in because there is no way to apply EQ to it unless I want to either re-digitize (then no advantage to the dac) or use analog eq with all the phase issues that entails. I've played with my EQ enough to know that I'm not going back listening to without it (or a similar unit).

Unless of course the HD800s are so transparent that I don't need eq anymore :)

This is good news. I've been wanting to get a good sacd player with the new bluenote subscription, and at this price I can imagine possibly getting a second one for the office. :)

How is it with redbook?

Dew eet (getting the player, that is).

I'm tempted myself, too, with the plan to buy the Gray/Hoffman SACD remasters. I do with it had a digital in, though, as I've gotten used to the convenience of using iMac/Duet combo.

Same here, usb/toslink input would be much appreciated. I'm super tempted with this. I dont own too many SACDs yet, but am subscribed to the hoffman ones. What I'm really eager to find out is if this new player only excels at sacd, or if it handles redbook nicely too. Thats the clincher right there.

Im only going to use the XLR out tho.

If I can just manage to stop buying so much music, I should be able to swing one or two of these :D

Same here, usb/toslink input would be much appreciated. I'm super tempted with this. I dont own too many SACDs yet, but am subscribed to the hoffman ones. What I'm really eager to find out is if this new player only excels at sacd, or if it handles redbook nicely too. Thats the clincher right there.

Im only going to use the XLR out tho.

If I can just manage to stop buying so much music, I should be able to swing one or two of these :D

And I'm here thinking I could either get the player or several hundred new CD's. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Single box sony scd-5400es seems to be the best thing on the planet right now

regardless of price. $1200

Over 25 million dollars spent on designing the new dac's for the thing.

Kevin,

have you heard Azur 840c? I guess so, could please elaborate on how much the scd -xa5400es better?

Thanks