Steve Hoffman to speak at Can Jam 2009 LAX

jp11801

To ensure people are in the know here as well this is the latest and greatest from CanJam 09 speakers. We hope to have a few more but this was the one that I know we needed to have based on the work he and Joe have done with the Blue Note series. Now I just have to make sure I can get a seat.

Well hats off to Voltron for setting this up for CanJam 2009. Steve Hoffman and Joe Harley (Music Matters) have graciously agreed to speak at Can Jam Saturday 5/30/2009. The talk is going to center around their recent ground breaking work with the Music Matters Blue Note reissue series. For those that have not seen Steve talk, the hour or so is filled with amazing music and anecdotes from his work. I guarantee everyone who attends will get a ton of enjoyment and knowledge out of this lecture.

At the San Jose Headfest 2007 Steve's talk was standing room only!

Here is some information that Al has provided for the Steve Hoffman forum:

Originally Posted by Voltron

"Steve Hoffman and Joe Harley have graciously agreed to speak together at Head-Fi's Fourth Annual International Headphone/Audio Meet, aka Can Jam 2009, which is happening May 29-31 at the LAX Hilton. All members of this fantastic forum are also invited to attend the meet and catch the Steve & Joe Show. The focus of the talk will be the Music Matters Jazz Blue Note reissue series, not surprisingly, and it will be a great opportunity to hear some of the behind the scenes info and even more importantly cuts of music in their historic master tape form. Steve's talks are legendary, and he was the highlight of our Second Annual meet up in San Jose so don't miss it!"

I had the pleasure of attending one of Steve's talk at CES and it was outstanding. The hour plus was filled with music as I had never heard it and entertaining and informative information.