CanJam 2009

Asr

So if I blow a gasket and decide to fly in for 24 hours will anyone pick me up (around noon) let me sleep in their room and take me to the airport at noon on Sunday?

The entire duration of my stay in Cali will be ~40hrs (arrive Friday noon, depart Sunday 6am) so my thought is just dew eet. Travel to and from the airport is, as noted by stretch, a non-issue.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done and done. Wife gets to go off on a spa weekend at an undetermined future date. Will be there Friday afternoon, so as not to miss the good booze. :dan:

I'll bring one of these.

willett.jpg

Dreadhead, you're welcome to crash with me, though be warned that I do not meet California emissions standards!

Ok I have permission and a place to sleep.... now I just need to think about if I am really screwing myself at work.

I found a way to come in late Friday and then back out on Sunday at noon for an extra 20 bucks though it isn't non-stop. I now have to wonder what I can fit in a roll aboard.... DAC, DEQ + 650s? Is the hotel accepting shipped in boxes? That may be the best way to get some crap out there.

Stretch, what flights are you on? I'm headed out of Boston on American flight 25 on the way out (leaves Boston at 8:20AM). Perhaps a high-altitude mini meet is in order?

Crap. I nearly booked that one but was too lazy to head in to the airport that early. I'm on the 11:10AM. Perhaps it's a good thing that we don't get a chance to start ... pursuing our interests until a bit later anyway. :)

Crap. I nearly booked that one but was too lazy to head in to the airport that early. I'm on the 11:10AM. Perhaps it's a good thing that we don't get a chance to start ... pursuing our interests until a bit later anyway. :)

CHANGE THAT FLIGHT, CHANGE THAT FLIGHT, CHANGE THAT FLIGHT!

I kid really, since my flight plan includes a nap, movie on the Ipod and perhaps another nap. ;D Glad to hear you're going to make it.

Ok I have permission and a place to sleep.... now I just need to think about if I am really screwing myself at work.

I found a way to come in late Friday and then back out on Sunday at noon for an extra 20 bucks though it isn't non-stop. I now have to wonder what I can fit in a roll aboard.... DAC, DEQ + 650s? Is the hotel accepting shipped in boxes? That may be the best way to get some crap out there.

Forget the crap. There will be plenty of crap there without yours. Just get your butt there.

Ok well my wife seems reasonably open to the idea but does think I'm nuts to spend 10 hours flying and $310 for a round trip lasting 24 hrs
On the contrary, it's efficient. You're there for the most important part (to you). I've spent hundreds of dollars to get up to New York for $30 and "pay what you can" shows.

I am slowly coming over to the church of EQ. I wonder if the O2 Mk2 can be made as good as the O2 Mk1 with some judicious choices made (I.E. get rid of that bass hump). I'm currently EQ-ing my L3000's to get rid of that ~4K swale, and it sounds delish.

Yay, you are my second disciple.... Vlad was first :)