CanJam 2009

Asr

what's the ground clearance on that thing? i am going to the hotel this weekend and will check the posted signs in the underground parking structure. worse case scenario, you'll unload it at the hotel entrance then park it at an open street level lot. this is the closest one i know of and it's about half a mile from the hotel.

Los Angeles, CA Location 071-0402

6101 W. 98th Street

Los Angeles, CA 90045

this company owns it Central Parking Systems, so you might want to give them a ring...

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I thought "Papasitos" was a George Bush senior joke. :P

The VanJam is in full effect at this point. The crew has grown with some last-minute additions and I have secured our transport. Behold, the glory of the Dodge Sprinter!

sprinter.jpg

SprinterVanPicMedium.jpg

video.jpg

interior.jpg

cargo.jpg

I was already hooked by the headphone racks on the back wall, but the Mobile WiFi for rolling meet impressions really put it over the top! Hope the Hilton has a place of honor reserved for us. ;D

If Dinny sees one of these rolling slowly by he had better run because that cargo hold is Agile_one-approved for kidnapping. :basement:

Pure Awesome!

'cos thats how we roll :cool:

And it comes equipped with a non drinking Driver + co-pilot!

Thanks David, but this bad-boy is going to be valet-parked right near the entrance. The height restriction for underground parking is 5'8", which is about half of the Sprinter. :D

no prob -- this is good info to know that the hotel offers this service as i know a few folks that are coming down in trucks with their stuff.

Pure Awesome!

'cos thats how we roll :cool:

You got that right, Grahame. But, we expected nothing less from the Defender.

And it comes equipped with a non drinking Driver + co-pilot!

All hail the Pilot and Navigator.

Holey moley, that van's too good for the crew that will be traveling in it, though we do expect rolling reports ready to duel with hotel reports from those of us getting in on Thursday and early Friday.

Your wish is our command, noble queen.

the hotel has a makeshift starbucks with the regular fare, obviously room service, i believe at least one of the hotel's downstairs restaurants does the buffet breakfast thing, and their is a Denny's pretty close, likely within walking distance. their is really good ihop, but it's about two to three miles away.

On the Hotel/Catering side of things the hotel lists the on site dining options here

The Cafe | The Bistro | Andiamo | Landings

Restaurants & Hotels in Los Angeles - Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Those of you with an upgrade to a tower room/suite have

# Access to The Towers Lounge which offers:

o Complimentary continental breakfast

o Evening hors d

Need In-N-Out Burger. East Coast crave.

Our friend Google shows the closest In-N-Out at 9149 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, a scant 1.5 miles away.

There is also An In-N-Out in Kettleman City for the VanJam Contingent,

( a detailed list of the "Dining" options can be found here Interstate 5 California Southbound - Central CA - I-5 Exit Info) Although various sources have said that Harris Ranch has the best/cleanest "facilities" on I-5 Hiding in plain sight / I-5 icon Harris Ranch a haven for those craving anonymity -- and steak