What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In car, was listening to Helloween, Unarmed. OMFG, I love Helloween, they make me smile. Not just because they are more Spinal Tap than Spinal Tap (Unarmed includes, amongst other things, "...the 70-piece Prague Symphonic Orchestra performing "The Keeper's Trilogy", a 17 minute medley ... of ... 'Halloween', 'Keeper Of The Seven Keys' and 'The King For A 1000 Years'..." ...with choir and everything -- this is real, this actually happened, it's not just "mentioned" in a mockumentary), but because, goddamnit, they actually write very good songs. I forgot how much I enjoy songs like "Dr. Stein", "Perfect Gentleman" and "I Want Out", but pretty much no matter how they arrange them, they're damn fine songs.

Was: Kenna, New Sacred Cow -- there's something incredibly well put-together about this collection of pop songs that keeps bringing me back.

Is: Android Lust, Devour, Rise, and Take Flight -- still Android Lust at her most experimental. And where she got a little bit more sparse in her elements -- really nice use of space and atmosphere.

On Deck: Android Lust, Human Animal -- added a little bit more "liveness" to the production, and perhaps a little bit more laid back, and dare I say, a small dubby influence. Just a touch mind you. Still quite sparse, so that seems to be something she's going to continue.