What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ldh818.jpg

Hockey - Mind Chaos

Yes, I checked them out because of the name, but they're really rather good, though a bit more on the pop side than I usually go for. I'm not sure what's up with me liking these Portland, OR bands lately, but here's another one I do.

s05.rcsilkfe.170x170-75.jpg

Billband - Blurred

I found this in one of my cd boxes. I swear I have never seen it/heard it before, which has me reconsidering why the heck I'm buying new stuff when I don't even know that I have quite enjoyable stuff already. Anyway.....trumpet, saxophone, bass clarinet, piano, violin, and drums in compositions that remind me of the Knitting Factory in the early 90's. Good Sunday morning music.

I used to go to the Knitting Factory at least a few times a month. This cd just kicked up memories of seeing bands like Spanish Fly. I could picture hearing this cd there.

Be_Careful_What_You_Call_Home-Paul_Duncan_480.jpg

Paul Duncan - Be Careful What You Call Home

Another one from one of my cd boxes that I don't remember buying and hadn't even opened yet. :palm: I like it.

I used to go to the Knitting Factory at least a few times a month. This cd just kicked up memories of seeing bands like Spanish Fly. I could picture hearing this cd there.

Ah cool! Knitting Factory in the early 90's for me was all about Zorn and experimental jazz, as well as Noise/No Wave bands. By the way the downtown location closed and relocated to Brooklyn, now it mostly sucks. :(

Ah cool! Knitting Factory in the early 90's for me was all about Zorn and experimental jazz, as well as Noise/No Wave bands. By the way the downtown location closed and relocated to Brooklyn, now it mostly sucks. :(

There's a real good chance we were at more than one show together. I'd heard it moved and that it sucked, but even by the mid 90s it had gotten too cool for itself and was already on its way to suckdom. As they say, all good things must come to pass.

1230-feast-of-wire.jpg

Calexico - Feast of Wire

GinnPink400.jpg

The Fabulous Ginn Sisters - You Can't Take A Bad Girl Home

This is one of my new favorite cds, reminding me in a weird way of Mary Margaret O'Hara's Miss America if she had listened to a lot of Tom Waits and if Tom Waits were a sultry female singer from Texas....okay, that made sense in my brain. I like every song on it, which is not a common experience for me. Check it out.