What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Natalie Merchant has become an Irish folk musician. nothing wrong with that, but she could have at least put a leprechaun on the cover as a warning.

QFT. I had read about it so I had more of a clue, but it was still a bit disconcerting.

coverrkf.jpg

Charlotte Gainsbourg - IRM

I'd put my love in Charlotte Gainsbourg.

QFMFT. I just missed being able to meat her today because she was signing records at Amoeba a little while before I went over there.

Was:

Jeff Beck -- Emotion and Commotion Vinyl. Very odd record with strings and Over the Rainbow and Joss Stone and some classic JB licks all mixed together, with lots of shmaltz on top. Probably could have skipped this purchase.

jb2010.jpg

Is:

Joanna Newsome -- Have One On Me Vinyl (3 records). I like it so far although there are numerous vinyl flaws and I will have to exchange it and hope I get a better one.

have-one-on-me.jpg

And speaking of putting the love in, the record sleeves all have kind of boudoir photos that really got my attention fast.

Jo-legs.jpg

Edited by Voltron

Before:

Devo -- Fresh Blue vinyl 12" single [These two songs have me psyched for their new album]

1032_devo_fresh.jpg

Buddy Guy -- A Man and the Blues 180g Vinyl reissue in honor of Vanguard Records' 60th Anniversary

be4ac0a398a0b77b11801210.L.jpg

Fuckin' A right, Buddy, sometimes I do feel like drinkin' me some gasoline and strikin' me a match and blowin' me up in steam.

Edited by Voltron

I'm having a hard rock day today (probably the first one in my whole life). Been listening to these:

AC/DC - If you want blood you've got it

album-ACDC-If-You-Want-Blood-Youve-Got-It.jpg

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

black_sabbath_paranoid_front.jpg

Iron Maiden - Maiden Japan

5a031da8eb3077092ce82fffe71db0a3.jpg

Metallica - Kill 'Em' All

538.jpg

Rainbow - Long Live Rock 'n' Roll

3rainbow.jpg

And finally currently listening to:

Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East

e17c8cb2aa2afecf242a25d90cb098da_full.jpg

Oh, and at work I've been going through the ECM box sets and the Blue Note reissue series on SACD. Or Impulse! or whatever the one that's almost finished is going on.

... how bad can it be if it has Camille, St. Vincent, Nellie Mckay, Sharon Jones, Sia, Tori Amos, Natalie Merchant etc
The cast on that is insane -- it's basically a who's who of pretty much every non-metal female singer I listen to.