What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I've never seen that before. I've only heard the version above. I have some sort of import CD of Going Home as well, which is a terrific album. Haven't heard any other versions of either.

M&K RealTime did both the "For Duke" and "Fatha" original direct disk LPs in the 70s. I was perusing their site in the lat 90s and noticed that they had done a gold CD with both of them and bought it. It's quite good. I'll bring it to DanJam and to any other east coast meets I make in the near future.

I believe that your "Going Home" CD is from Eastwind. They are the same company that did the direct disk LP.

Regina Spektor - Far

1700489_500x500.jpg

Have had that playing in the car for a while. My kids now really like to sing the Dolphin Song bit from "Folding Chair." Loudly. In public. Urr urr, urr urr urr, urr urr urr, urr URRRRRRR! :palm:

Last night's Housemartins led to this morning's Beautiful South.

2a0d820dd7a003de913ed010.L.jpg

lolcat1.jpg
Hey! I didn't say I gave up listening to Neko Case, just that Patty Larkin is a very good replacement inbetween more releases.;);)

These two are very good, too:

31YS9QSKMYL._SS500_.jpg

51aQ9pxBeLL._SS500_.jpg

She's been doing albums since 1985! She also produced a compilation of female guitarists back in 2005 - La Guitara. It just amazes me sometimes to "discover" someone this good when none of my friends/family have even heard of her. She's not even on the radar at metacritic.com. I just caught a review by Parke Puterbaugh (my favorite reviewer) on Sound and Vision and it sounded interesting. Needless to say, I was mightily impressed. Just wanting to share ... ;);)

Edited by TomB
added a line return between pics ...