What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

61Mr0ENZnSL._SS500_.jpg

Brian Blades & the Fellowship Band -- Season of Changes

Seeing Blades, Christian McBride and Chick Corea Trio on Thursday and completely psyched for that combo.

What irony! I have been listening to Chic Corea (with John Mclaughlin) and Christian McBride Number Two Express for the last two days. I love Brian Blade, let me know if he plays In Spite of Everything and what you think of that song. I find it very moving and my perfect evening wind down tune. I am very envious Al, enjoy the evening.

Early Kreator is so bloody good. I need to go on a thrash spree again.

my first listen, believe or not. it's really good, ahead of it's time for sure.

I saw anthrax/megadeth/slayer last Friday so I've been in a thrash mood. ::insert headbanging smiley::

What irony! I have been listening to Chic Corea (with John Mclaughlin) and Christian McBride Number Two Express for the last two days. I love Brian Blade, let me know if he plays In Spite of Everything and what you think of that song. I find it very moving and my perfect evening wind down tune. I am very envious Al, enjoy the evening.

I'm such a lunkhead that I convinced myself the show was tonight, but it is next Thursday. Come on up, Greg!

Yeah, Corea, McBride, Haynes and Kenny Garrett were the group at Monterey.

Just fantastic,.. I think Haynes stole the show!

Blades was drumming for Billy Childs,.. the Kronos Quartet joined them for a etherial commissioned piece. Really nice stuff. I just love watching Blades do his thing.

Grizzly Bear, Horn of Plenty
The remix disk of this is a typical remix disc -- range from "WTF?" to "I think that's better than the original", with most falling in the "(strokes chin) Hmmm...now that's interesting" category.

Also listening to The Ocean (Collective), Heliocentral in the car -- this is definitely top 10 of the year for me. Delicious guitar tones, nice dynamics (esp. for a metal album), and just plain strong songwriting.