What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that a Residents side project? Which is funny, because the rumor was, the Residents is a side project of...uh...(I'll put it in quotes, so that you know I'm quoting the rumor)...a side project of "serious" musicians (and by "serious", I mean the Beatles, which I believe everyone by now knows is not the case, but...someone like the Beatles).

Isn't that a Residents side project? Which is funny, because the rumor was, the Residents is a side project of...uh...(I'll put it in quotes, so that you know I'm quoting the rumor)...a side project of "serious" musicians (and by "serious", I mean the Beatles, which I believe everyone by now knows is not the case, but...someone like the Beatles).

He he. No and No.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3440[/ATTACH]

Renaldo & The Loaf = Brian Poole (Renaldo) and Dave Janssen (Ted the Loaf), they were on Ralph records and good friends of Residents.

Residents = The Cryptic Corporation that is Kennedy, Clem, Fox and Flynn. :D It's a well know secret.

post-643-12951157823908_thumb.jpg

Islands. King Crimson. In the end, this may wind up being my favorite KC album. Not sure why other than it speaks to me.
It's one of my favorites. Mostly because it has no spastic free jazz track, which most other pre-1980 King Crimson albums have. But also because it has not a duff track on it. Including a cover of 4'33'.

Me: earlier today -- Pain of Salvation, Road Salt One/Linoleum and Ambeon.

Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto 2 and 3

Rachmaninov+-+Piano+Concertos+2+and+3,+Paganini+Rhapsody+%28Gavrilov%29.jpg

I can't seem to listen to the second movement of the piano concerto 2 without getting that "all by myself" song stuck in my head.

:(

The second and third and Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini are all ridicu-awesome. I also really like the 4th concerto.