What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The remaster unfortunately. I haven't found an original CD.

If you have one of the new CDs (2000) you have the original mix. If you have one of the 1991 ESD CDs you have the remix. The old 91 ESD CDs are harder to find now, than the new RER and ESD original mixes.

If you are curious about the 91 remix, you can get it now used at Amazon for a good price. There is only one copy there and the price is normal, unlike $30-60 I have seen some time ago. The remix version had a cool bonus track, "Lovers of Gold", from the same sesions.

If you have one of the new CDs (2000) you have the original mix. If you have one of the 1991 ESD CDs you have the remix. The old 91 ESD CDs are harder to find now, than the new RER and ESD original mixes.

If you are curious about the 91 remix, you can get it now used at Amazon for a good price. There is only one copy there and the price is normal, unlike $30-60 I have seen some time ago. The remix version had a cool bonus track, "Lovers of Gold", from the same sesions.

Is the SQ better on that remixed CD?

I just checked my disc, and it's an ReR.

Is the SQ better on that remixed CD?

I just checked my disc, and it's an ReR.

SQ is even not the point here, it's a completely different mix, by Tim Hodgkinson, from the master tapes. Some hated, I like it somewhat. It sounds different from the original record and new issues that follow the original mix of this album.

SQ is even not the point here, it's a completely different mix, by Tim Hodgkinson, from the master tapes. Some hated, I like it somewhat. It sounds different from the original record and new issues that follow the original mix of this album.

Thanks I picked up the remix you linked to. It's a great album, definitely my favorite by Henry Cow.

People at SH say there is some no noise on the remaster (ReR), but if there is it's done in a very mild manner.

Thanks I picked up the remix you linked to. It's a great album, definitely my favorite by Henry Cow.

People at SH say there is some no noise on the remaster (ReR), but if there is it's done in a very mild manner.

I would double check with the seller to make sure it's ESD 1991 CD. Sometimes they list them under wrong edition, in this case you can always return it and get your money back but it's a pain. I usually check with the seller before hand to avoid any possible confusion. I found Amazon to be a good place to pick up nice old edtitions of stuff for cheap as at times people do not realize that what they are selling is rare.

Hope you like this different version, if not you still get a cool bonus track. :)

I would double check with the seller to make sure it's ESD 1991 CD. Sometimes they list them under wrong edition, in this case you can always return it and get your money back but it's a pain. I usually check with the seller before hand to avoid any possible confusion. I found Amazon to be a good place to pick up nice old edtitions of stuff for cheap as at times people do not realize that what they are selling is rare.

Hope you like this different version, if not you still get a cool bonus track. :)

Yeah I just sent an email to the seller, thanks for the reminder :)

Yeah, I wanted to buy that box set as well. It has 2 boxes with live stuff and and DVD. Almost non of that was released before and the cool thing is a lot of that was with Robert Wyatt.

I guess some of it is available as bootlegs, though low quality. Bob Drake did the mastering so it should be excellent.

He has a page up with details on the box set:

http://www.bordebasse.fr/henrycow/remastering.htm

Edited by deepak

I've had the unfortunate experience of having the seller respond with, "we don't have access to the item, but if it's not the one you like, you may return it" &c. -- so at least they're good about it.

I was fortunate, however, in the couple of cases that it mattered.

I've had the unfortunate experience of having the seller respond with, "we don't have access to the item, but if it's not the one you like, you may return it" &c. -- so at least they're good about it.

I was fortunate, however, in the couple of cases that it mattered.

I got burned a few times, but one time I ordered a new remastered version because I gave up on finding an old version and in comes a perfect condition old German version of the CD that sells for big bucks. Needless to say I did not complain :P

N.P.

s655942.jpg

Necronomicon - Tips zum Selbstmord (1972)

s308606.jpg

Michel Waisvisz - In Tune (2005)

Interesting compilation of tracks from Crackle and some live in studio recordings from 80's, 90's and 00's. Gives a glimpse at Michel Waisvisz's live performances. He never recorded albums after 1977's Crackle so this kind of compilation is essential and vital for connoisseurs of experimental electronic music. He stuff is nothing like other pioneering electronic acts (German, French or US) so if you never heard him live or never heard Crackle you are in for a surprise.