Monitors for 10 x 13ft room, ~$1500 with stands

postjack

He did Heartbreaker? Nice.

Me, I like the Atlantic/Japan 20P2 Zepp discs he did. Still haven't heard better from LZ on CD over 20 years later.

nah, he didn't do "heartbreaker", its just my other reference recording.

He did do the Def Jam Slayer stuff and the original TVT Pretty Hate Machine. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't expect them to work well. I don't care if god himself suggested it.

Here's my suggestion: accumulate as much newspaper as you can stack from floor to ceiling in four piles. Put them in the boxes.

Notice I left out the crumpling part, so yes, I mean stacking newspapers in their original delivered format. The boxes are there to keep the newspaper stacks from falling over. The other nice thing is, if you only have enough to stack to halfway up, you can start with that, and as you accumulate more newspaper, you can keep going.

Feel free to run this idea by him.

Also, feel free to look up "ethan winer". He's got a whole forum dedicated to cheap, DIY room treatments, despite the fact of being in the business of selling them himself. Makes him a cool cat in my book.

seriously or is this another fire joke? i tried them a little wider but found closer together worked better.

If you ever use the fireplace, I would definitely recommend moving the speakers further apart and perhaps angeling them in towards the sweet spot. The only challenge will be that you may have one speaker on the area rug and one on the hardwood floor setting up some funky bass reflection issues.

"Fire bad for speaker" says mongo....

If you ever use the fireplace, I would definitely recommend moving the speakers further apart and perhaps angeling them in towards the sweet spot. The only challenge will be that you may have one speaker on the area rug and one on the hardwood floor setting up some funky bass reflection issues.

"Fire bad for speaker" says mongo....

i've actually only used the fireplace once. its cold here now, but i'm still in the deep south, where winter is something that happens for two weeks in january. :)

i am actually looking to setup the turntable right in front of the fireplace to take advantage of the stone mantle floor.

It seems like you have one of those hip candles-only fireplaces. Am I right in assuming that?

its an actual functioning fireplace, but currently there are some hip candles in there. i plan on lighting them and turning out the other lights, burning some incense, donning my trusty black robe, and listening to sunn's domkirke at maximum volume.